Chapter 35- Just Another Day at the Office

PART TWO

I woke up to the sound of my phone's alarm blaring for the third time since I'd snoozed it. My eyes fluttered open, and I reached out to go for a fourth. When the freezing January air hit my arm, I immediately retracted it back under the comforter. A body stirred beside me, turning into me.

"Turn it off," Dream groaned as the alarm's volume increased. I obliged, then returned to the warmth under the covers.

"We should probably get up now," I said, eyes still closed. Dream didn't reply verbally, instead wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. The shared body heat warmed me up instantly.

"What time is it?" Dream asked, voice low.

"6:30 by now," I replied, bringing a hand up to run it through Dream's hair.

"Five more minutes?" I chuckled.

"I'll give you thirty seconds."

"Good enough for me." Dream snuggled up close, nose cold against my neck. True to my word, thirty seconds later, I let go, squeezing out from under Dream's hold.

The hardwood floor was cool against my bare feet, and I shuffled to the bathroom. To wake up, I splashed cold water on my face, which worked immediately, but a warm shower was waiting.

As I was rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, there was a knock at the door. I didn't even bother answering as the door creaked open, hot air escaping from the bathroom.

"We need to get more deodorant," Dream's voice came.

"I was planning on going to the store after work."

"Sapnap also requested Cheezits. And beer. We need more beer." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but you don't get to complain when I buy the cheap stuff." Suddenly, the shower curtain was yanked back. I spun to face Dream, who had a massive smile on his face.

"I never do, my love." His eyes never left mine, but I could tell they wanted to. I frowned.

"Get out."

"Nah, I think I'll hop in. Save water."

"Close the curtain. It's freezing." Dream smiled, but listened to me.

"Need more toothpaste too."

I changed into an oversized hunter green sweater and black jeans with a cute little belt, and then it was off to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone.

Puffy and Niki were the next ones down, which meant they got to set the table. Next came Sapnap and George who were bickering about something, like always, followed by Hannah, Bad, and Dream. Everyone was ready for work, or close to it, wearing nice pants and either sweaters or button down shirts.

It was a huge change from the charcoal tee's and cargo pants.

"Get it while it's hot. This shit doesn't deserve the microwave," I called, scooping a serving of scrambled eggs and bacon onto my plate and sitting down.

"What's the plan for today?" Bad asked once everyone had gotten their breakfast.

"My floor is hosting the retirement party for Wiggins, so I'll be there for a while," Hannah said. "And I'm forcing George to come."

"I told you I can't. I have a deadline."

"Excuses, excuses."

"I also have a shit ton of work to do, so if we're planning anything, it has to be later," Sapnap said.