Chapter 15- Hiding in Plane Sight

~Dream's POV~

I was not expecting that.

But I'm not complaining.

If there was anything that girl could do well, it was doing things just to spite people. I'm assuming that was what was going on here. Right? Right?

I suddenly became aware of everything she was doing. One hand was on the back of my neck, grazing the small hairs there, and the other was resting on my shoulder.

The moment her lips touched mine, my mind blanked and kicked into gear at the same time... if that makes sense. My hands made their way to her waist and pulled her against me, but I was screaming internally.

Then she moved. She cocked her head to the side and deepened the kiss. Meanwhile, I had to fight every bone in my body to keep from doing anything embarrassing.

"Ugh, whatever," Ethan scoffed. Oh yeah. That's why we're kissing, dumbass.

I heard receding footsteps, but y/n didn't move. She kept going.

Finally, after what felt like hours, she pulled away, and we both took a deep breath.

"What was that for?" I whispered. I already knew my face was bright red, but we're not gonna talk about that. Y/n chuckled.

"Had to get him away from us."

"And you didn't want to punch him out?"

"Nah, too hungry." And with that, she grabbed her food and walked away.

What. The fuck?

~Y/n's POV~

WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID I DO THAT

I tried to walk away as smoothly and as nonchalantly as possible, but I felt like every other step I took would send me crashing down. My burger and I managed to make it to the briefing room without wiping out, so I sat down and started eating my nerves away. Dream appeared with his sandwich a few moments later.

I should say something. I don't want things to be awkward...

"Hey, uh, sorry if that was weird," I blurted out. Dream looked up from his laptop with a mouthful of turkey and mayo.

"Not weird at all. We should do it more often." We both chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah."

"No, really. You're a decent kisser." I rolled my eyes.

"Decent? That's it?"

"Yep. Solid 6/10." Instead of responding, I threw a pen at him. "Hey-" He picked up a fry from his plate and chucked it at me, but I caught it out of the air and plopped it in my mouth. Dream gasped. "You bitch!"

"Now Dream, that's no way to refer to a lady."

"Good thing you're not a lady." I rolled my eyes again, cracking a grin.

"Alright, we should probably head out soon. Whatcha got?" Dream cleared his throat and started reading off his laptop.

"We've got a classic Hit Man. Gotta find the guy, take him out, and bury the body before the police suspect anything." I nodded along, following my own notes. Dream continued. "Name of the target is Shawn Kilner, 48, works in the Willis Tower in Chicago."

"And we're trying to knock his lights out because..." I added, scrolling down, "He fucked over LMBG in 2009. Apparently, he was a part of some big money scandal, and we tried to go after him, but he went off the map. DSMP found him last year."