Chapter 31- Now or Never

The feeling of your heart physically stopping is less pleasant than the books describe. It's painful- the blood flow to your head is cut off momentarily, causing severe dizziness and vision loss, your fingers and toes start to tingle, anything you can hear sounds a million miles away, it's... awful.

"What?" I finally asked, blinking rapidly.

"Rocky isn't sure, but your sister might be-"

"No." I said, looking Niki directly in the eye. "There is no might. Either it's her or it's not."

"Does Rock even know what she looks like?" Dream asked. "Do we have any more information?"

"All she told me was 'I think Boss just brought Chrysanthemum in. Tell y/n asap.'"

"I guess we'll see tomorrow, won't we?" Hannah said, plopping down on the couch next to me. I just shook my head.

"It doesn't make sense."

"What doesn't?" Bad replied.

"I watched her get shot. I watched her die."

"Woah, what?" Sapnap started, so I explained the whole story to the boys. By the end, I regained feeling in my body and found that Dream's hand had been squeezing my waist so hard that there must be bruises.

"But maybe she didn't die," George said suddenly. My head snapped up towards him. "I mean, you walked away. She wasn't shot in the head, so there's a chance that she could be alive, right?"

"Or maybe Boss is just using this against you," Dream retorted.

Everyone started talking at once, throwing theories around, questioning motives.

I put my head in my hands.

"This is too much," I whispered, mostly to myself. Eventually, I stood up and walked away, and the room quieted down behind me.

It didn't make sense. My sister could not be alive. And even if she was, how could LMBG have found her?

I just plopped down on the bed, laying down on my back and staring at the ceiling.

About a minute later, there was a knock at the door. I took a big breath to try and calm myself down before answering.

"Yeah?"

The door creaked open, and there was Sapnap, poking his head in.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I think." He came all the way in and sat down next to me as I sat up. We weren't close enough to touch, but it didn't feel awkward at all.

"Sorry about them," Sapnap finally said, staring down at his shoes. "I think they just got carried away."

"It's okay," I muttered, hugging my body. Sapnap scoffed.

"It's obviously not okay, but I get it." I glanced up at him, meeting his eyes.

"That was... profound of you." A smile broke out on Sapnap's face.

"I try to be profound every once in a while. Keeps the cogs turnin'." I smiled for that. There was a brief moment of quiet before I continued.

"What if it is her?" I asked, allowing myself to open up to him. I don't know why I was, but something in my head told me it was safe. "What if it really is Chrys and she's in danger?"

"Then you'll save her," Sapnap said simply.

"I'm not sure it's that easy."

"It might be." I glanced up at him again, and this time he was leaning back on his hands, looking up at the ceiling. "Maybe she's just trying to scare you, and Chrys is completely fine."