Chapter 34- Couldn't Even Make It To Christmas

The silence didn't last long. A moment later, the crowd surged towards me, basically pushing me back into the hospital wing. Questions were being thrown from every direction; I couldn't focus enough to answer a single one.

My natural response was to shove my hands in front of my body. Dream, Puffy, and Sapnap immediately showed up at my side, shoving the crowd back.

"Let her breathe!" I heard Dream yell, but it didn't seem to help.

"Hey!" a second, and much louder, voice came, and the crowd halted. "What the hell are you people doing?" Techno shouted. I released an uneven breath as people slowly started backing up. They parted ways for Techno, and he made his way through them towards me. He gave me a short nod, which I returned with a growing smile.

"How are you?" he asked me.

"Little sore, but I'm alright." I noticed his arm had a bandage wrapped tightly around it. "Your arm?"

"Got grazed helping out your boyfriend." I lifted an eyebrow towards Dream.

"Since when does he need your help?" I asked Techno. He chuckled.

"I'll fill you in once we deal with these idiots." With that, he turned back to the crowd. Phil, Ranboo, and Toby had made their way to the front, and I could see their worried looks from where I was standing.

"One at a time," Techno ordered.

"Y/n, what happened? Are you alright?" Phil asked.

"The Boss tried to kill me," I deadpanned. I made eye contact with Ranboo.

"Everyone go back to your dorms," Dream announced, which was met with a small amount of uproar. "We'll figure out what to do. For now, just... take care of yourselves." He turned back to me, no longer addressing the crowd.

"Let's go. You need some rest," he said softly. 

"I'm fine," I replied, but I allowed him to lead me, and the rest of our squad, back to the leader's dorms.

The quietness of the dorms was a nice change of pace, but now I was battling a full on headache. I groaned as I threw open my door and flopped on my bed.

"Hey," Dream said behind me, "do you want to lie down for a while?" I turned my head slightly so I could direct my voice towards him.

"I just have a headache. I can come strategize with you guys."

"Hun, you just went through a major procedure," Dream replied, sitting down next to my head. He ran his fingers through my hair, tucking it behind my ear. I struggled to stay awake. "Your entire world has been flipped upside down. You're allowed to take a nap."

"You make a..." I interrupted myself with a yawn. "compelling argument." Dream chuckled.

"Go to sleep, baby. Text me when you wake up and I'll come get you."

"Ugh, fine," I said, but I grabbed Dream's hand and held his wrist, slowly stroking with my thumb.

"What are you doing?" he asked, clearly amused. I responded with a low hum. "You want me to stay?" I sighed, but finally found my resolve.

"No, they need you." I let go of Dream's wrist and tucked my face back into the mattress, reminding my senses of the smell of... home.

"Okay. Have a good nap." Dream left with a parting kiss to my temple, and then the exhaustion took over.

I came to groggy as hell, more sore than I'd ever been in my entire life, and starving. I managed to push myself up to sitting and rubbed my eyes. The first thing I reached for was the glass of water that had been on my bedside table for... probably over a week. I gulped half of it down, grimacing at the warmth. Then I popped four Advil's and washed it down with the rest of the water.