Chapter 18- Domestic

Screaming. I woke up screaming.

I shot up in my bed, a cold sweat coating my back and face. I shuddered and hugged my shaking knees to my chest. Breathe. Breathe.

My door flew open, and my head snapped up. Dream was standing there, one hand on the doorknob, one holding a gun.

"You okay?" he asked, stalking over to me. I tried to nod, but my body was shaking uncontrollably. A moment later, another body showed up in my doorway.

"I heard screaming," Techno said, voice heavy with sleep, "Everything okay?" I swallowed.

"Yeah, I'm good." He was holding a gun as well.

"What happened?" Dream asked, sitting down next to me. Techno followed suit, sitting cross legged on the end of my bed.

"Just a bad dream," I managed. An arm was around me, and I leaned into Dream's embrace.

"I get those too," Techno said. "Pretty much every other night."

"We all do. Us more than others," Dream added. I took a shaky breath.

"Sorry for waking you guys up."

"Don't worry about it."

"I actually hadn't fallen asleep yet," Dream admitted. There was a knock on my door, and Alyssa stuck her head in.

"Everything all good in here?" she asked.

"Yeah, just a bad dream," I repeated.

"Oh, sorry about that."

"You guys can go, I'm fine." I thought I saw Dream nod, but I was too exhausted to care. Techno stood up and grabbed his gun.

"Make sure to get some water," he said.

"Thanks Techno," I replied as he and Alyssa left. There were a few moments of silence before I addressed the hand rubbing my arm. "You can go too."

"Not a chance," Dream said.

"You heard Techno, I need water." I didn't need to see his face to know that Dream rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but I'll be back in like, three seconds." I sat up and Dream left my room, not bothering to close the door behind him. I groaned and laid back down, brain and body absolutely shattered. Guess waking up in a panic takes a bit of a toll on your energy, especially at... 3:45am.

Dream was back a minute later with a cold bottle of water. He threw it at me, and I caught it, immediately unscrewing the cap and drinking half of it.

"Alright, let me in," Dream said. Before I could move, he was climbing into my bed next to me.

"What are you doing-"

"Lay down." I sighed as I put the water down on my nightstand, but I did what I was told. We both shifted until I was nestled into Dream's side, head resting on his chest. His arms were back around me in an instant.

"You're still shaking," he whispered.

"I'm-" I yawned- "I'm exhausted."

"Go back to sleep, baby. I got you." I had to smile.

"Thank you." Dream kissed the top of my head.

"Of course." It wasn't hard to fall back asleep in his arms.

My alarm went off way too soon, and I had to reach over Dream's body to shut it off. Dream groaned and wrapped his arms around me tighter.

"Dream, we have to get up," I tried, but he ignored me, burying his head in my neck.