Chapter 16- Hit Man

Okay, so... I'm pretty sure I like Dream. Like, as more than friends or rivals or whatever we are. I'm pretty sure he likes me too, because he's been laying on my lap for the past two hours while I run my fingers through his hair. And he's about to fall asleep.

Dream's eyes started to flutter closed, and a few minutes later his breathing slowed. I smiled, noting how soft his face was. From this position, I could clearly make out the pink scar on his cheek: the one that he always hid with his mask. It wasn't very large, starting a few centimeters away from the corner of his right eye and trailing down towards his lip, but it probably stung like a bitch when he first got it. Honestly, it made him hotter.

This newfound silence gave me time to think. I thought a lot nowadays about my job, my friends, Dream and... whatever this is. Maybe I should talk to him when he wakes up. Or... no, I'll do it at the hotel. Wait, no, I don't want this duo to be awkward. I should talk to him when we get back to LMBG. No, because that might be too long from now. I should-

Dream stirred under me, opening his eyes to squint at me.

"Mornin, princess," I said.

"How long was I out?" I checked my watch.

"About an hour and a half." Dream groaned and sat up.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"Why are you sorry?" He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at the ground. Is he... nervous?

"I just... I don't know." Then, Dream took a deep breath and held an arm open. "Come here." I gave him a little smile, then shifted so my head was resting on his shoulder. To be honest, my leg was falling asleep from being in the same position for three and a half hours.

"You're warm," I hummed.

"Yeah?" Dream asked. I glanced up and nodded at him. He grinned. "You should get some rest. I don't know how much time we'll have when we get there."

"Sounds good to me," I replied. I'd never pass up an opportunity for some sleep. Especially if I'm sleeping on a boy's shoulder. But this boy's shoulder was tense.

"Relax," I murmured, already starting to drift off. Dream didn't say anything, but his arm went a little softer. Next thing I knew, I was asleep.

~Dream's POV~

I don't know what happened in this past month, but I was starting to feel things, and quickly. It's like I was hit by a bus with this new perspective. This girl, right here, the one laying on my shoulder asleep, was not the same person I saw that first day I met her. I already knew she was smart, confident, funny, and obviously attractive, but... something's different now. She is... well, I don't know exactly. Maybe I'll figure that out.

The plane landed at 11:40pm, and y/n was still asleep. I had to wake her up, so I gently lifted the arm that she was not wrapped around and tapped her shoulder.

"Hey," I whispered, getting tired myself again, "we're here." She didn't move. I rubbed my thumb across her shoulder now, and spoke up. "Yo, get up."

Y/n's head lifted up, and she rubbed her eyes. I couldn't help but laugh. When she turned to glare at me, I was still smiling. She slapped me.

"What?"

"You're annoying," y/n grumbled.

"Whatever, we're here."

We got our stuff and got off the plane, and a crew was waiting for us.

"Jackson 5!" Y/n called, now walking ahead towards one of the guys on the crew.