Chapter 31: because I want to.

Allison's POV.

Two weeks later.

A fractic knock on my window drags me out of sleep, I groan before switching on my lamp and glancing at my clock, it's midnight and as far as I know, Nick and I haven't spoken in two whole weeks. I know for sure that it's him but I don't know why he's here at midnight. I bring myself to my feet and stroll over to my window.

As soon as I open the window, Nick rushes inside, closes it shut then walks over to turn off my lamp in a hurry.

What is happening?

"What the heck are you doing?" I draw my brows together in question.

"Shh!" I hear him shush me.

It's pitch black and I can't see his face but I can see his figure. He's standing still and trying his best not to make a sound.

"If you're gonna hide from your mom the lea-"

I'm cut off by his strong hand covering my mouth and the other one holding my neck. His breathing heavily and his skin is so hot.

And like it hasn't been two weeks, everything just comes back to me.

The heat. The rapid heartbeat. The shivers. The dizziness. The want.

"Please shut up, I'll be gone before you know it but shh for now." I feel his hot breath hitting my forehead as he whispers to me, looking into my eyes.

I try to remove his hand but unfortunately his too strong, he peeks out the window and just navigates for a while. He sighs deeply and lets go of my mouth, releasing me completely.

I want his hands back on me again.

I walk back to my bed to switch on the lamp, Nick takes his phone out and murmurs something to himself.

"So why are you in my room?" I plop down on my bed.

He diverts his eyes from his phone to me.

He has a blank stare, no smirk or smile just nothing.

"Not everything is about you, Allison and please don't respond to that, I'm really not in the mood for an argument before a make out session, if you want to make out with me just ask don't start it with a fight." There's actual seriousness in his tone.

I scoff as I look elsewhere then back at him.

I don't even know what to say to that.

Because it's true.

"Please leave." I point to my window.

"I'll get to that in a minute, can I use your phone?" He shoves his phone back into his pocket and asks.

"You live right next door, who would you wanna call?" I ask.

"Miles, I want to find out if he's okay."

"Why?" I ask.

"We were being chased by a couple of junkies but we split up and I think he might have hurt his leg during the run." He informs me.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" I stand, walking over to him and looking at him everywhere.

"Didn't know you gave a shit but yeah, I'm fine." He says, his tone isn't playful. feeling embarrassed I take a few steps back.

I pass him my phone and he dials Miles's number.

"Dude, where the hell are you?" He asks and I'm sure Miles responds to Nick's question but I don't quite get the response.