4.

**********************

"Khanna, drive to office. We will stay in my penthouse."

Khanna quickly nodded his head and started driving towards the Oberoi's estate. He too felt bad for Annika and was cursing himself to actually thought to leave her in the first place.

"Annika, Annika look at me." Shivaay took Annika's face in his hand and kissed her forehead.

With her glossy eyes Annika looked up in his deep sea green-blue eyes. She can feel it, she can feel he was suffering too. It hurts him to see her like this. Shivaay wiped her tears gently and examined her a bit. There was no injuries on her face but he can clearly see a hand print on her left cheek.

Those Bastards have slapped her.

This realization made Shivaay mad. He can't even imagine what Annika felt and how can someone touch her, she is so fragile and innocent. He wanted to go back and beat the shit out of them for touching something so divine and pure. It was nothing like she was his or something but someone like her should be cherished and loved. He wanted to protect her from all the bad in the world, just wanted to save her from the evils.

He softly traced the area with his thumb. He really wanted to kiss her to sooth the pain, to tell her it was nothing. With a loud sob, she hide her face in his chest.

"I really tried to run away but I failed." She said breathlessly making him rub her back.

"Sshh.. Annika, calm down. I know and you did it, you called me out when all three of them were holding you tight. You fought and that is important. Because of your strength and will, I was able to help you." Shivaay pacified her and Annika nodded her head in understanding.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked gently while Annika gave him an unsure look giving a side glance to her back. She was a bit uncomfortable to tell him in front of his bodyguard. The details were too sensitive to share. As if reading her mind Shivaay quickly changed the topic.

"Are you hungry?"

"I feel I am but I don't feel like eating at the same time" She whispered to him and rest her head on his shoulder.

Her mind was revolving around the one question that what if Shivaay didn't show up? How would she fought them? She was imagining some worst scenarios but than Shivaay's deep husky voice stopped her racing mind.

"Don't do that."

Annika quickly looked up with confusion lacing her face.

Did he read my mind?

"That, what you are doing with your hand" He said gazing down to her left hand which was lying on his right thigh and unconsciously she was tracing the area with her fingers in circles. The acknowledgment of the situation stopped her immediately leaving a blush of embarrassment on her face.

"I am so sorry. I didn't...."

"It's okay. I know, relax."

Annika thought to get out of his lap before it's too late or she do something more embarrassing.

"No, stay here." Shivaay's commanding voice stopped her at her place.

"Isn't my weight bothering you?" Annika asked with her natural cute face  and he shaked his head in no. Scooping her close to his chest, he patted her head.

*************************

Shivaay slowly made Annika lay down on his bed and moved out in his kitchen to make a coffee. Shivaay used this place at times for quick naps or staying at night in case of meetings with foreign delegates. This small penthouse was attached to his office, it was his own place. He even had a small gym here which he mainly use to release his pent-up anger.