23

There was a technical issue hence could not update priorly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My humble request is to please vote. The votes are decreasing although the number of views are same.

I wrote a long chapter to compensate for the delay.

***

"What do you mean by you can't make it to the 22nd. It's our anniversary." Annika said losing her calm. It's almost a month since Shivaay left for Dubai. She understand his emergency and his commitment to work but that doesn't mean she will be a lonely wife. It's their anniversary day after tomorrow and Annika want him here with her, Can't a wife demand this much? 

"Annika, try to understand. On 22nd i have to finish all the formalities regarding the case so the construction on the site can resume soon. I can't request for another date it would cause us loss. And moreover it's our month anniversary. Honestly, it's not a big deal. It's not like i am missing my actual anniversary. Right?" Shivaay said calmly. He knew Annika was upset and he too wants to be with her but he is obviously stuck.

"If you keep on doing like this. I won't be surprised if you actually missed our anniversary." She replied sarcastically. Annika was upset and angry. Period. She was doesn't want to think logically or practically either. All she is doing is listening to her heart and being a emotional fool.

"Annika!" Shivaay snapped. He was walking thin on patience and literally on the verge to lose his calm.

"Don't snap at me. You and I, we both know that this time you are wrong." She replied holding her tears back. The tears were threatening to wet her puffy cheeks. She had made plans for their anniversary. She wanted his time, his attention and him in person. The virtual meetings are not enough anymore. Her patience has an end. At that point her emotions were all over the place and rationality was lost.

"No body is wrong, Annika. You can't expect me to be free on every 22nd of the month and neither i should. It's just that our point of views differ. I w..."

"No, Shivaay. Our priorities differ." Annika cut him in between to correct him. There was a thick silence on the call for a while. Shivaay gulped his saliva and closed his eyes for a moment. Those words hit him. She had hurted him. Is she implying that his priority is not her? How can she even think that? She out of all people can't think that, she should not think that. He had gone beyond his personality for her. He stood against his bade papa for her. He let go of the family rivalry for her. He spent nights working on her father's company for her. He forgot his own business rule and ethics for her. There is a WhatsApp in his phone for her. Everything he do is somewhere related to her. Even now if he is not doing something it's for her only. She is his priority. Period.

"You think you are not my priority." Shivaay said in a calm voice making Annika shudder on the other side. She knew it was low blow from her side.

"At this moment....."

"No. It's not about a moment Annika. Irrespective of everything, remember clearly that you were, you are and you will be my priority over this fucking business. Okay?" Shivaay's voice had a command, it had a hint of dominance and that is where Annika knew that she had hit a wrong spot. He was very sensitive when it comes to her.

"Samjh mein aaya ?" Shivaay asked again with a stern voice. {Did ypu understand?}

" Ji! " She replied meekly {yes}