Chapter 8 Beorn

Sam

~~~

"Sam run and get Lord Elrond! Your mother needs his help," dad calls.

"AAAAAAHHHH IM GONNA KILL YOU BOTH!" mom screams from the living room.

"Daddy what's happening?" I ask nervously shooting a look past my father at my mother who is screaming and throwing things in the living room.

"Sam go now!" dad orders.

"But dad what about you?" I ask.

"Sam just-agh," dad coughs blood onto my face, a knife protruding from his chest.

Daddy? Daddy! Daddy!?!?" I scream as his body falls to the ground with a thud in front of me. What's happening? Why is this happening?

"You're next!" mom cackles. "Sam! Sam! SAM!"

"AAAAHHH MOM NO!" I wake up shrieking and waving my axe.

"Sam! Holy crap calm down!" Emily shouts. I face her and see she's on the floor knocked backwards in front of me. Shock and concern are etched across her face.

"What do you mean? I am calm," I lie and breathe deeply.

"Bullshit," Emily swears.

"Okay I'm not. Just had a nightmare that's all. I'm fine now really," I assure, lying through my teeth of course.

My eyes finally focus and scan my surroundings. Giant bees are buzzing around the house and tiny mice dash through the place. Beorn must love animals.

"Ye-"

"Guys come on breakfast is on the huge-hard-to-get-up too table," Allie calls from the kitchen of this huge barn-like cottage house.

"We'll talk about this later," Emily vows before getting up and walking to the kitchen.

"I don't doubt it," I mumble following after her.

In the kitchen everyone is sitting except Allie and Bilbo. They are desperately jumping to get up. A huge man stalks around the table pouring milk for everyone. I suppose that's Beorn. I go and sit in a chair pulling Emily up onto the one next to me before picking up Bilbo and helping him too.

"Here little bunny," Beorn coos and picks Allie up before setting her down gently on a chair.

"Why thank you," Allie giggles and Thorin glares. He's so odd. One second he is annoyed by Allie the next he's jealous of anybody talking to her.

"Uncle Beorn how are you?" Grace inquires and gingerly sits down in the chair next to Allie.

"Fine no thanks to you. You gave me quite the beating out there little wolf," Beorn states his eyes narrowing as he steps toward Grace in a threatening manner. "I am very proud of you!" Beorn suddenly breaks into a smile and pats Grace's head making Grace laugh. Everyone goes quiet and stares at Grace.

"Did you just laugh?" Bofur asks incredulously.

"Uh yes," Grace responds raising a curious eyebrow.

"I don't think I've ever heard you laugh before. It's always sly smiles and straight faces with you," Fili exclaims in surprise.

"You guys are idiots. Grace laughs and smiles all the time," Allie snorts.

"Yeah around you and your little trust group but not us," Kili points out.

"You may yet gain my full trust but it will take a long time," Grace explains nonchalantly.