Chapter 2 Travels

Emily

~~~

"So Emily you can control fire, have an abusive father, your mother was tortured and killed before your very eyes, and your platonic soul mate is basically and axe wielding maniac...anything else you wanna tell me?" Fili questions and I let out a huff of laughter.

We are trudging along towards Love Leaf village and he obviously thinks it's the time to talk. Rubbing my sore burnt back I smile sheepishly. Oin put some stuff on it and wrapped me up but it still stings harshly.

"Thank you!" Sam shouts from the back of the line. Fili frowns and mutters something about the curse of elven hearing.

"First of all that's a bit insensitive and second of all if there was why would I tell you?"

"I'm your soulmate," Fili states.

"Which mean you must figure me out for yourself," I counter coyly.

"Okay well what's your favorite color?"

"Turquoise," I reply.

"Interesting mine is-"

"Dark Blue I know," I cut him off.

"How?"

"I pay attention," I say. "It's the color of the Durin line, you, Kili, and Thorin all wear it."

"You are very observant," Fili states.

"NO SHIT," Sam yells again.

"CAN YOU STOP YELLING SOME OF US HAVE HEAD INJURIES!" Allie screams and widely gestures to Thorin and herself.

"Sorry," I apologize.

"We are a rather rowdy group aren't we?" Fili asks smirking.

"Oh wipe that smirk of your face," I grumble smiling.

~~~

Thorin

~~~

My wounds are extensive and painful. Though I will not freely admit it, walking is agonizing.

"I know you're hurting," the blonde hobbit whispers. The hobbit has been walking next to me the entire time. She looks at me as if I'm about to break. Her wings are no longer present, tucked back into her skin. Must be some sorcery.

"I am fine," I huff and the hobbit scoffs.

"Yeah right I can tell your in pain, I can feel it."

"That is impossible, you lie," I accuse.

"Uh I just popped out wings, nothing's impossible. Believe it or not but I know you're in pain. Do you want help?" The she hobbit is right she did have wings now they are gone, back into her skin somehow. I do not need her help I would appear weak.

"No I am a leader and leaders don't need help," I answer proudly.

"Please everyone needs help once in a while. Now give me your hand," the hobbit orders.

"No halfling," I say.

"I am half of nothing!" she snaps angrily.

"Watch yourself dwarf," Grace warns suddenly appearing beside the hobbit. She always seems to be only seconds away from the hobbit.

"Grace I got this," the hobbit insists and her friend slinks away. "Give. Me. Your. Hand," the hobbit demands and grabs my hand. Suddenly my pain lessens a great deal and I look down to see her veins flowing black and she's flinching. "Dang you were in a lot of pain," the hobbit groans and releases my hand.

"You took my pain upon yourself hobbit?"

"Yes and my name is Allie start using it."

"Yes miss Allie and thank you I an in great debt to you for saving my life," I admit. It's embarrassing but this little fiery lass saved me.

"Yes and you're my best friend now wether you like it or not," Allie remarks and stomps off rubbing her hand.

~~~

Alex

~~~

"So your father is the Balrog?" Kili mumbles, still dazed.

"Yes he is," I say in response.

"Your father is the Balrog!" Kili repeats.

"Yes Kili we've been over this," I sigh and nod.

"Oh my gosh! My platonic soulmate and actual soulmate is half FIRE DEMON!" Kili exclaims and rips at his hair with his hands. "This is unbelievable. So un-freaking believable! It can't be true! It can't be true! Exactly it isn't true! This is all some sick dream! Yes that's it!" Kili is breathing heavily and pacing in a circle obviously very stressed about this. So I grab his shoulders and give him a little shake.

"Kili this isn't a dream this is reality. My father is the Balrog and I'm half demon. Now," a shake. "Get," another shake. "Your," a hard shake. "Shit," a shake. "Together!" that's when I slap him.

"Okay okay I'm good I think in good now thank you," Kili sighs and I slap him again. "HEY what was that for!?!?"

"I felt like it," I explain and shrug so he pinches my shoulder in retaliation.

~~~

Grace

~~~

"I kissed her. Oh my Yavanna I kissed her!!!...Wait did she like it? Oh my god what if I'm an awful kisser?!?! I bet I am! Oh Valor I made things awkward between us haven't I!"

"Yeah mhm sure," I mutter to Bilbo as he vents. I'm not really listening though.

"I need to talk to her. Maybe we're soulmates. Wouldn't that be funny and elf and a hobbit? She's only a few feet taller than me," Bilbo rambles.

"Ahuh yes follow your dreams," I utter, absentmindedly.

"I will, thank you Grace," Bilbo announces and walks off with a spring in his step. I look up and roll my eyes.

"I wasn't even listening."

~~~

Sam

~~~

"You were having a panic attack back there weren't you?" Bofur concludes.

"Yes I was," I respond somberly.

"Do you have a history of those?" Bofur inquires.

"Sadly yes but it hasn't happened in at least two years!" I say loudly.

"Well maybe that attack back there triggered it," Bofur suggests, referring to the fight.

"No it was the height of the Carrock. I have a phobia of heights," I explain.

"Why's that lass?" I don't answer for a long time. I haven't thought about it in a long time.

"I had to jump of a waterfall once to run from someone who was trying to kill me," I blurt out and some of the weight on my shoulders lessens.

"Well lassie haven't we all at some point?" Bofur jokes and I laugh.

"Yeah thanks Bofur," I say grinning.