CHAP4-MISERABLE

ROSE'S POV:

"Who was that?" I walked straight to the kitchen without looking at her. I can feel her eyes on my back the entire time and it was so uncomfortable. "It was the new neighbor...They gave me some wine," I said keeping the bottles in the cabinet. Suddenly I felt a presence behind me.

Just then, I felt two arms wrapped around my waist. I stiffened in my place shivers running down my spine in disgust. "EMMA! NO!" I pushed her away from me. I turned around looking at my friend whose eyes were filled with hunger and lust.

"It's not like this is our first time, Baby," she said huskily. I stepped back trying my best to get away from this monster. I gulped loudly knowing what she is up to. "I know what I have to do to have you in my way," she smirked at me laughing evilly. Her eyes scanned my entire body as her hands tried to grab me.

That's it I sprinted to my room and slammed the door. "I'm gonna LEAVE NOW!!" I heard Emma closing the front door giggling like a maniac. 

I closed my eyes trying to convince myself that this was just a dream but tears started to stream down my cheeks. I covered my mouth trying not to make a sound. 

"DO YOU THINK WE REALLY LOVE YOU?... WE SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU THE DAY YOU WERE BORN!.... YOU ARE A CURSE TO THIS FAMILY......WHY DON'T YOU JUST KILL YOURSELF AND MAKE IT EASIER FOR US!" I heard his angry screams echoing in my ears. It started to get louder and louder. I covered my ears remembering all those memories flooding back in my mind.

The way my own parents abandoned me because I was intersex. How they treated me when I was a child. How they treated my brother differently. It was not my fault and people think I'm a freak just because I am a woman born with male genitals. 

Then how my life completely changed after Emma came. At first, she seemed nice and supportive. As time passed and we became best friends, I started to realize Emma is the kind of person that uses sweet fabricated words which make you feel special for a while then they take off the skin like snakes. 

She is manipulative. She will use people to accomplish whatever her goals happen to be and will abuse you mentally and emotionally.

I still remember all those times when I would wake up naked beside her on the bed. I don't know what she does but I won't remember a single thing that happened between me and her. That's when I realized she is taking advantage of my unconscious state to use me for her own pleasures.

She just uses me like a toy then spit me out like I'm nothing.

The screams inside my body wanted me to cut her friendship but I have always kept hope within my heart that one day she will get better. She was with me in my toughest times. She helped me go through all those hard times in my life. But now that Emma is gone and all I see is a lust-crazed monster. I sniffed blinking my tears away.

A few minutes later, the tears stopped. I stood up and rubbed my hands harshly across my cheeks. I felt numb, empty, and lifeless.

My legs involuntarily moved near the window. I observed the world around me.

The sky was an expanse of sapphire blue,

Dotted with fluffy white clouds,

As the sun beamed beatifically,

Casting a golden glow upon the earth.

My hands opened the window.

A sudden wave of cool breeze grazed my face. 

I breathe in the fresh air, awakening all my senses and making me feel alive. I felt better.

As I was enjoying nature, my eyes fixed their gaze on my neighbor's house. The neighbor's sister was all I could think about now.  I could say that she is a few years younger than me. I don't know why but I felt like I have some kind of strong connection with her. 

The tingles flowing through my entire body when my fingers accidentally traced hers.

The way her petite body perfectly hugged her clothes.

Her blue eyes were like the deepest ocean that you could get lost in forever.

The way her lips moved teasingly when she spoke.

The way her shoulder-length dirty blonde hair was breezing in the wind making her look like an angel.

Sighing, I closed the window trying not to look like a creeper that spies her neighbors. When I closed it, I saw my reflection through the glass and I was smiling. A  genuine smile. I realized that just thinking about her makes me smile like an idiot.

 But I  just met her a few minutes ago and it scared the living sh*t out of me.

Who feels like this towards someone they don't even know about?

Oh boy, why am I so miserable?