CHAP12-COOKOUT

BELLA'S POV:

"OH MY GOD, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!" Zack exclaimed eating his food. I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Zackie, you are making a big deal of it." He's been ranting about the note I gave Miss. Matthews this entire time. 

All of the sudden, he started to choke. Laura got up and gave him some water to drink. She looked really scared. Now, he's been coughing for almost 5 minutes, laying on Laura's chest while she rubbed his back. I couldn't help but smirk at that. Awww, so cute!

I cleared my throat making Laura push away Zack and continued to eat as nothing happened. Zack dusted his shirt glaring at me. Ooops...look like I ruined his moment.

Just then my phone started to ring flashing "Noah" on the screen. I answered his call and put him on speaker, "Hello."

"Hey, just wondering if you want some barbeque wings and burgers..we are doing a cookout since Ariel slept early today?" He questioned me. I looked at my friends and they both nodded showing me thumbs up. "Yeah sure, we will be there in a while," I hung up.

"Cookout foods are the best," Zack said taking a bite of his tuna sandwich. I mean why not we just had our evening snack. I nodded saying 'yes' and went to my room to get changed. 

"CALM THE F*CK DOWN BUCKET HEAD!" Laura shouted getting off the truck. Zack was running towards Noah's backyard. I don't know why he is so hyper. I mean it's just burgers and wings?

"I swear he is so dumb!" Laura scrunched her face annoyed. I chuckled shaking my head. We started to walk towards the backyard.

"Hey, you are here!" a smile spread across Noah's face. When I turned my head to the left, my heart literally pounded so fast. Am I dreaming? Why is Miss. Matthews here? Noah pulled me towards her and introduced "This is my sister, Bella. Bella this our neighbor Rose Matthews." He left me standing there with her. She is here and Noah didn't tell me he invited her.

It was so hard for me to register everything that has been going on. Laura and Zack gave me a mischievous grin. Trying not to blush in front of all of them, I mumbled a quick "Hi". Rose stood up and put her hand out to shake my hand. I nervously shook her hand. Man, her hands are so strong! 

Suddenly, she hugged me and said, "Nice to meet you." She was a few inches taller than me giving me chance to lay my head on her chest. I tried to cherish this moment and she smelt like flowers. "Thanks for the note. It means a lot to me, Bella," she whispered pulling away quickly. Missing her warmth, I tried not to show my disappointment and smiled at her.

She stepped back and joined Noah and Hunter eating at the table. "Bels, did you see that she hugged you!" Zack whispered wiggling his eyebrows. I blushed looking away "No guys, she thanked me for the note. That is the reason she hugged me." I quenched my thirst with some soda.

"Don't worry babes, you are great she will eventually like you back," Laura said pointing at me while smirking. I almost spit out the soda, "Guys she is our LECTURER!" I gushed with an exaggerated sigh. "So what? this our last year anyways...you can totally date her after our finals," they both said shrugging. I just rolled my eyes not knowing how to respond anymore.

"Let's eat," I said grabbing a plate and filling it with some wings and a burger. When I was about to sit I saw there was an empty chair beside Rose. Gaining all my confidence together, I sat beside her. She looked surprised but instantly smiled at me. Oh boy, her smiles are killers.

"Cheers!" I said sipping my leftover soda. She nodded and proceeded to eat. "So I was wondering, Rose are you dating Emma now..why didn't she join us tonight," Noah wiped his mouth still chewing. For some reason, the question made my heart heavy.

I felt Rose stiffen beside me "Ummmm...no she is my best friend and she has some work to do," she replied clearing her throat. "Oh..okay..my bad I'm sorry I thought you guys are dating," Noah said awkwardly. I felt relief washing over me. She smiled at him and looked at me. 

Great, she just caught me staring! "Are you dating anyone?" she asked me curiously. "Ummm...not yet," I said rubbing my nape. She nodded and took a sip of her drink. 

Zack nudged me and whispered, "Bels, she is interested in you!" I kicked his foot under the table to make him shut up. 

Glancing at her, I saw her checking the time. She stood up and "I have to go now. Thanks for inviting me. I had a good time. It was great spending time with you, Noah and Hunter. It was also nice meeting you guys," she said shaking both Noah's and Hunter's hands. She nods at us and left. 

Waving at her, 'It was nice hugging you too' I thought to myself. 

Smiling like an idiot, I dug in my food.