CHAP19-VOICE OF AN ANGEL

ROSE'S POV:

 "You can say what you like 'cause see, I would die for you

I, I'm down on my knees and I need you to be my God
Be my help, be a savior who can"

I froze in my place memorized by her voice. Her hands strummed the cord gracefully. Her legs were shaking according to the sad beat. It's one of my favorite songs but Bella's voice made it even better. Her eyes were shut closed so I could see her face. It was red like she was crying for hours. 

All of a sudden her voice got shaky. She couldn't even finish the last line and she broke down. Her hands let go of the guitar and she sat there burying her face in her palms. Her sobbing sound fills the whole living room.

My eyes involuntarily got watery. My knees went weak. Holding myself together, I slowly stepped toward her. Lifting my hands, I placed my hand over her shoulder gently. She froze as she looked up at me.

Not knowing what happened next, Bella was straddling me. Hugging me tightly and sobbed in the crook of my neck. "Don't let me go," I heard a faint whisper. 

That's all it took.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. I stroked her hair and started to rock her. She held the hem of my shirt. After a few minutes, I felt her breathing get steady and she was calming down. As I was rubbing her back, I felt her smile on my neck. For some reason, I got an explosion of butterflies. I smiled into her hair and rested my chin on her head. 

"It's just a small fight. I didn't want to join the singing competition. Zack got angry at me for that," she said her voice reflecting sadness. "Hey, it's okay we will talk to him later okay?" I wiped her tears when she lifted her head up. Her eyes were red and puffy. "You look so beautiful close-up," Bella whispered as she was staring into my eyes. 

I wasn't expecting that from her. Not being able to say anything, I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. Realization struck her as she quickly got off me. She was blushing so hard and looking everywhere but me.

I rose up on my feet and dusted myself. "Umm...can we go and visit Ariel now?" she asked me hesitantly. "It's okay if you're busy. I can go by myself," she added looking at her feet. Smiling to myself, "Yeah, sure," I proceeded to walk my way out.

I looked to my left side. Bella was humming a song. "What song is that?" I turned on the blinkers. We have a 10-minute drive more to reach the graveyard. She leaned on the seat and replied, "Make You Feel My Love....It's my favorite." Nodding my head, I've listened to that song but never really noticed the lyrics.

"Play it. Turn on the Bluetooth," I tapped my fingers on the steering when Bella played the song. The melody was slow and soft. Bella increased the volume as she got lost in the lyrics.