CHAP15-BIRTHDAY

BELLA'S POV:

I was standing there. Watching her body fell limbless on the ground. Noah stumbled onto his knees beside her. He cradled her head on his lap and sobbed. "I'm so sorry. We didn't think about you. Wake up, my love. Don't leave me like this," he choked on his words hugging Ariel closer to his chest. Hunter cried clutching his chest. Blood was everywhere and her dress was drenched in blood. Blood oozing out of her chest. Hunter kissed her forehead as Noah tried to feel her heartbeat. They both started to cry and beg, "Please Ariel, look Papa's here...Daddy's here...open your eyes, my love." Noah's voice cracked. 

Just then, Sirens were started to become louder and louder. I saw police shooting the members on the spot when they failed to catch them. But everything around me felt numb and lifeless. No tears were coming. I wasn't feeling any pain as I saw them taking Ariel in the ambulance. Everyone started to cry and whimper but I was standing there watching everything emotionless. "Mama loves you cuddle bug," was all I could whisper as I was froze not being able to move.

"Wake up!" I heard Laura's raspy voice. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Laura looking at me with a concerned face. I knew it's a dream. Sighing, I sat on the bed and leaned on the headboard. I rubbed my face with my palms. "I'm okay. You can sleep now," I told Laura and she quickly nodded laying back on my bed. Laura stayed with me tonight. Usually, she and Zack will stay in our apartment. I refused to go there at least not for a while.

It's been a month since Ariel's passing. A month since I felt happiness radiating through me. My nightmares got worse and everyone tried to help but I was still emotionless. I felt like a walking dead body. Even Rose is still trying. She talks to me every day but everything just felt useless. My life right now is just eating, sleeping, going to classes. 

I glanced at the clock. It was past midnight. It's Ariel's birthday today. She's turning two. And this dream made this day even worse. I took my phone, and started watching the videos I took with Ariel. It made my heart heavy but I didn't feel the pain. 

I closed my eyes hoping this was just a dream.

Laura went back to the apartment since it's Saturday. She wants to visit Zack.

 I  went on my way to the living room coming face to face with Noah and Hunter. They both looked restless. Noah got skinnier and had eye bags. Even his clothes were untidy. On the other side, Hunter always keeps himself busy. He showed no emotions. He even started to smoke and drink a lot. I never saw both of them like this before they always looked happy and perfect. Zack and Laura stopped fighting too. They are always serious. But life has its moment to ruin everything.

I proceeded my way and stand in front of Ariel's photo frame. I saw her ashes kept securely inside a jar. I shoved my hand inside my pocket and took her gift out. It was a small baby necklace with a small diamond pendant. Even though it was a bit expensive I still bought it. She loved shiny things and used to play with my chain a lot. I kissed the necklace and placed it near her frame and greeted her, " Happy Birthday Cuddle Bug. Mama loves you."

I turned around but Noah quickly averted his gaze and wiped his eyes. Hunter pretended he didn't see anything and walked outside. I lowered my head and went to the kitchen. "We are going to visit Ariel's grave. Do you want to follow?" Noah asked behind my back with a sad tone.

I don't want to invade their privacy. "I will visit her by myself. Thanks for asking," I said sipping a cup of milk and taking a bite of an apple. He nodded and walked away. I looked through the window and saw Rose talking to Hunter. Sighing, I called Laura.

I parked my car and got out. I walked straight into the pathway passing cemeteries. My eyes searched for the specific one and stopped when I saw Ariel's. I kneeled down and sat beside her. I gently put the roses on her. 

"Happy Birthday Cuddle Bug. I love you. I hope you're happy there," I smiled shifting in my place and sitting more comfortably. I kept looking at the engraved letter on the stone. 

Ariel Williams. 

1 March 2017- 1 February 2019

Our love for you echoes

still within our hearts

and all that you were

remains part of us forever.

All of the sudden, I felt a presence beside me. I saw Rose smiling at me and kept a sunflower on Ariel. I nod and returned her the same. She sat beside me.

 "Tell me about her," Rose said breaking the silence. I raised my eyebrows confused. "Tell me about Ariel," she nudged me. 

A small smile crept on my face. "She's my guardian angel. I can stare and study every feature of her forever and memorize the details. I couldn't keep my eyes off her when Noah first brought her to me. It was the moment that I felt the sense of responsibility and the love that is being an aunt. She filled my heart with so much happiness that it almost hurt. I could not have fathomed at that moment how my life would change......" I laid my head on Rose's shoulder and continued to tell her more.

We both started to talk as she held my hands.