CHAP13-ARIEL

-1 week later-

BELLA'S POV:

"There are gang members shooting random people around Black Creek and York University Heights. We are advising people to stay inside the house and be safe. Do not let toddlers outside the house. For now, 3 adults and 2 toddlers have been shot to death. Please follow the order until further notice. Thank you," the newsreader finished. I turned off the TV and laid on the couch. 

"This is getting very serious. We better stay inside our apartment," Laura said as Zack was nodding his head agreeing to Laura. This whole week has been a nightmare for us. There are gang members everywhere shooting innocent people. It's been a whole week and police officers are trying their best to arrest them one by one. Today is Saturday and this matter hasn't calmed down yet.

I heard that a gang leader has been shot by an enemy. So, the members are just roaming around out there and killing random people. Everyone is worried about their safety.

We are still having physical classes but just one class a day. And about Rose, we are kinda friends now. We would have a small conversation sometimes. That's all.

Sighing, I took my phone and saw Noah's message. I quickly unlocked my phone and read his message. 'Bella, I got informed that your apartment is not safe anymore'. I was confused and questioned him. Within seconds, he replied to me saying 'Just listen to me the gang members kidnapped a teenage girl from your apartment...it's not safe there...stay with me until this problem is solved.' I was shocked and it took me a moment to understand everything. 

Why would they kidnap someone? I thought there are just gunshots everywhere. Sitting on the couch. "Guys, Noah wants us to stay with him until this matter is solved. Our apartment is not safe anymore. The gang members kidnapped a girl," I finished standing up to pack my clothes.

Zack and Laura were looking at me shocked. Zack slapped his hand on his mouth not believing what I said. "Let's just go," I pointed my fingers towards both of them. Nodding their head vigorously, they both proceeded to pack their stuff. 

We are taking Laura's car because the stay is probably for a few days. At least that is what I hope. Getting inside the car alone was scary enough. These two monkeys made it harder for me. I glared at them, "stop freaking fighting you a*sholes," I warned them before they both could start fighting again. Zack was sulking at me crossing his arms. They fought for literally a small matter. It was for bringing who's car and I chose Laura's. So Zack started to sulk and had a huge shouting match with Laura.

I rubbed my temples, feeling irritated. We are almost there. A few minutes later, Laura parked her car in Noah's garage. Getting out, I saw Zack slamming the door and went on his way to the front door. I giggled waiting for Laura.

I just opened the front door and went inside. Who wants to knock on the door? Not me. 

"Hey guys, there you are. I was worried because your apartment is not safe anymore. Just stay here until the further announcement," Noah said carrying Ariel. I nodded as I took Ariel from him. She smiled at me and gave me a kiss. I'm tired of hearing about this for a whole week. I just want to play with my honey bun.

"Mama...aguhe...neeah...ahhhhh," she tried to tell me something but she's just one and not very good at speaking. But she knew a few words. I chuckled giving a kiss on her forehead. She is such an angel. I'm glad she is my niece. Plus, she has uncle Zack and aunt Laura with her. 

I sat on the couch still holding  Ariel closer as Zack tried to pry her away from me. She giggled and laid her head on my chest. Noah watched us, "You are always spoiling her, Bella. She loves you so much that sometimes she wants to see you every night," he said smiling at his daughter's silliness. I rolled my eyes playfully and said "Well, she's my daughter now." He shook his head chuckling.

All of the sudden, she snuggled closer and said, "wuv you mamaaaa." 

Stroking her hair, "I love you too my cuddle bug," I replied. She started to play with my chain. Laura and Zack sat beside me watching Ariel with a loving look. I rest my head on Laura's shoulder sighing in contentment. Ariel always makes my day brighter and better.

I'm happy to say that she is one of the people who makes me feel alive. I was struggling in life with the past trauma. But the moment when I first hold her I knew she will be always my guardian angel.