CHAPTER 20-PRACTICE

(SORRY GUYS I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE. BUT I WILL TRY TO FINISH THIS BOOK ASAP.THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. I'M FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR YOU GUYS)

BELLA'S POV:

"Where are you Bella?!?!", Laura exclaimed from the phone. "I'm at the car park Princess. I will be there in a few minutes", I ended the call while shoving the phone inside my pocket. We still have 5 more days until the singing competition, so it's been hectic for these past 2 and a half weeks. All of us barely have any time to do other things than practice.

I won't lie but I missed Rose's presence around me. She is also very busy since she is the head of the music society. We are all too focused on practices and rehearsals so the last time I was with her was when we both visited my little Ariel. Quickly recovering from my thoughts, I jogged through the hallways towards the Music Hall. I felt kind of nervous since Rose would be there to watch me sing. I know her for only a month but my feelings for her is keep blooming. WAIT...I-...OH NO GOD. SHE IS STILL MY LECTURER. "well only for few months," my heart said. I mentally slapped my delusions away.

My sweaty hands reached the door knob and before I could open it, the door was slammed open harshly. "WHERE THE F*CK WERE YOU?", Laura whispered yelled at me. Now, I know I'm 10 minutes late to the rehearsal but I needed gas for my car. I rolled my eyes at her and mumbled a quick "sorry". She's being so mean to me lately because she's burnt out. Without letting it bothering me much, I pushed pass her and walked towards the stage. 

Today is the last rehearsal for us and tomorrow we will be heading to Edmonton since the competition is held at University of Alberta. Rose....I mean Miss.Matthews said tomorrow and the next 3 days we will be free since we should be resting well before the competition. I'm glad they provide hotels to stay. I mean me, Laura, Zack and Penny joined the singing competition because no one else wanted to join. This competition is open for the seniors only and most of them wanted to focus on Final Year Project. Not that I'm complaining about it instead I feel way more comfortable to practice around them.

"Why are you late Bella?" Rose's question brought me back to reality. Suddenly,I felt nervous and shy under her gaze. "Ummm....well....i-....I had to get gas for my car before coming here. I apologize for being late Miss.Matthews", I stuttered out looking down at my feet. My heart was thumping in my ears. "Okay I will let this slide Bella but you are the lead singer so you know how important you are in this competition. Zack and Laura are playing piano and drums really well now. Penny is also doing a great job taking care of the sound system. So far you're doing amazing. But you need to be here earlier than others. Tomorrow all of you will be here at 8 in the morning. I'm driving you guys to Edmonton," Rose finished her sentences sternly while directing me to get on the stage.

I speed walked to the stage and stood in the middle. Zack and Laura was behind me ready to play. Rose smiled and nodded at me as an encouragement for me to start singing. The melody started to play. I closed my eyes and begin to let the music take control of me. I saw Rose smiling at me when I closed my eyes. So I sang my heart out. I got lost and opened my eyes when I heard Mr.Smith shouting an excited "WOHOOOO YOU GO GIRL!" while clapping his hands. I blushed and looked at Rose only to realize her jaw was hanging low. We have been practicing on our own for days without anyone. Maybe that's why she was so surprised and also Mr.Smith.

Zack, Penny and Laura engulfed me in a big warm hug while whispering "you did good ,my girl!". I hugged them back while giggling and feeling proud of myself. All of us turned around when we heard Mr.Smith announcing that the dress code is formal and it has to show off our song genre which is romance then he excused himself bidding a goodbye. All of us looked at each other while smirking because we already planned out what we are going to wear for our competition. We chose 'my heart will go on' by Celine Dion for a reason. Zack also planned out to play a video that we filmed during our performance. I guess it will be a surprise for everyone.

Rose cleared her throat visibly flushed. I have no idea why but she was holding a file to her front as if she was trying to hide something from showing. I shrugged it off but I really have to tell her something without my friends knowing or else they will make a big fuss about it.

After cleaning up the Music Hall. We all said goodbyes to each other. I turned to Rose giving her a small piece of paper with my number on it and mouthed text me later. She raised her eyebrows at me. A look of confusion plastered to her face. I smiled at her and started walk away.

(IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS.I WILL START UPDATING UNTIL I FINISH THIS STORY. I WILL MAKE IT ABIT FAST PACED SO IT DOESN'T TAKE UP ALOT OF CHAPTERSS)