19: He needs you

"Dont you think its time you went to sleep Ed?" Susan questioned as she came in to check on him late that night. "Its gone midnight."

Edmund raised an eyebrow at her and walked slowly away from the bookshelf he'd been stood in front, a book now in his hand. "I've done nothing but for days." He muttered as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm bored of it."

Susan chuckled and sat beside him. "I never thought I'd hear you say something like that." She teased.

Edmund smirked at her and shook his head a little. "Neither did I." He muttered.

There was silence for a long while before Susan spoke again. "Do you miss him?" She asked. "Peter I mean."

Edmund nodded a little. "Course I do."
He breathed. "But I just have to keep telling  myself that he'll be home soon, that helps me not miss him as much, but I still do miss him."

"I understand." Susan said, nodding back before pulling Edmund into a hug.

The two sat there for a rather long time, before Susan heard steady breathing from her brother, and found despite what he'd said, he was now fast asleep.

Smiling and laughing quietly, Susan took the book from his hand and layed him gently on the bed, placing a kiss to his forehead as she covered him with the duvet.

"Night Ed." She whispered gently, before standing and slowly slipping out of the room.

☆☆☆

"Edmund?"

Edmund frowned. "Aslan?" He asked, sounding confused.

"I have something extremely important to tell you Edmund, so you have to listen carefully." Aslan said quickly.

Edmund was starting to get a little worried now, but he nodded his head anyway.

"Peter thinks he's killed you." Aslan told him.

Edmund's heart stopped beating. "What?" He choked out.

"The source of the magic took the form of you Edmund." Aslan said sadly. "Peter had to kill "you" in order to defeat the magic."

Edmund was horrified at what he was hearing, and found his heart now pounding in his chest. "Is - is he on the way back?" He asked.

"I am afraid not." Aslan said, shaking his head. "He believes he has killed you Edmund, he believes he cannot face his sisters or his kingdom after what he's done to you."

"Does - does he not remember it's not real?" Edmund asked, frowning. "I mean, the magic has been destroyed."

"He fully believed it was you before the magic was destroyed Edmund." Aslan explained. "So he will go on believing it until proven otherwise."

Edmund thought for a moment before taking a deep breath. "So we have to go and find him?" He breathed.