38 - Final Destination

"Yo, yo, yo, where are we going!? We're passing the speed limit, Mew!" Kayce screamed at the top of his lungs. Fear erupted on their insides and it was not good. Even after having a phobia of driving, Mew's driving skills are still professional. Kayce thought of possible accidents that might occur to them but still, nothing happened.

Earlier

"Ring! Ring! Ring!" A call from Lenard's phone rang. The tension was too high that they flinch for a second by the interruption of a sudden noise.

Lenard wiped the tears under his eyes with his hand, not realizing it was trickling down. Getting a hold of himself, he took his phone and answered the unknown caller.

"Hello? Oh, yes... WHAT!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT THERE!?" Lenard abruptly stood on his feet. Upon noticing Lenard's disturbed face, his heart throbbed. Knowing something wrong, began panicking too.

Lenard looked at him dead in the eye, signaling with his eyes. Once he hung up, he packed his things before leaving.

"What happened? Is it Gulf? Is he nowhere to be found? What happened?" Mew's questions were too fast to cope with that he had to stop him from speaking more. You could hear his heartbeat that echoes.

Lenard took a deep sigh, massaging his temples. "It was from the hospital. They couldn't find Gulf after he woke up. I'm going there so please, stop holding my wrist tightly. It's going to ache" Mew realized that his hand was clenching on him hard so he extracted his hand away. Lenard kneaded his wrists, without looking at the man in front of him.

"And... I think you need to go with me... I know you're worried about him, and I acknowledge that. But it may be against me, in my opinion, even though I'm the one requesting you to... Because you're the only person who can save him... And the one who can kill him..."

Present

"Duuuuuuuude! Stop speeding up! We'll go there!" Kayce hold onto a handle, avoiding the hard interior of the car. Kayce couldn't help but fear for his life, he wasn't expecting Mew to be speeding so fast. On the other hand, Mew couldn't care less if one of them gets wounded. He just needs to find his Gulf. But, is he even Gulf's.

The road was vacant and only cars that were there weren't a bother to them, so Mew could not hold himself and rode faster. Though he's having flashbacks, he couldn't divert his attention by it.

Mew did a turn to his left and parked on the outside of the hospital. He doesn't have the time to fix the car so he rushed inside the hospital. He looked left to right, asked nurses and doctors where Gulf is but they were also clueless. The crowd seemed so small for him to notice.

He was infuriated by the lack of security the hospital has. "WHAT THE KIND OF FUCKING HOSPITAL WHO DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF THEIR PATIENTS! IF I DON'T FIND GULF IN ONE OF THESE ROOMS, I WILL CLOSE THIS MOTHERFUCKING HOSPITAL!"

Kayce must hold onto Mew's body to defend the people around them, he was on the verge of letting go with his stiff arms but he was afraid for these people's career and face. "Mew, calm down!"

All Mew could see was red, he wasn't himself anymore. Anger wasn't even the word to describe his feelings towards everyone. He pushed Kayce away, being done with all these bullshits.

"You want me to fucking calm down!? When Gulf is missing!? That's bullshit! What if something happened to him!? Kayce, what if something happened to him!? I can't... I can't afford to lose him again..." Big tears began to leak down his eyes. He felt vulnerable and so feeble. Mew just wanted to find Gulf and hug him tightly. He wanted confirmation if Gulf was real. If he was okay.