Chapter 16

Janus learned two things.

One, his suit was resistant to many things. Fires, explosions, bullets, acid, blunt force, water, lava, knives, however the one thing that it wasn’t resistant to was salt, odd as it were. They had taken a lunch break, and some salt got onto Janus’ glove. The places where it landed began to disintegrate, and Janus had to quickly wash it off before it could do further damage.

Salt was his kryptonite, go figure.

Two, Logan became very frightening when he was passionate about something. The longer the list of things that Janus was resistant to grew, the brighter the flame in Logan’s eyes burned. His grin was almost psychotic now as he wrote down his observations, humming a happy little tune.

“This is brilliant!” Logan clapped his hands together. “Your suit alone is enough protection in itself, I don’t need to do anything!” Logan walked over to him. “You must tell me what this material is, I could give it to everyone! We could be invincible!” 

Janus, having no idea what his suit was made of, made his posture sullen as he thought of a lie on the spot. “It’s the last of its kind, I’m afraid. This kind of material doesn’t exist anymore.” 

Logan’s smile dampened, instantly believing Janus. “Oh.” He mumbled, frowning. “Well, um, that’s okay.” He nodded, turning back to head to the table. “I’m sure I can come up with something similar.” 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more use, Logan.” 

“No, no! You helped a lot!” Logan insisted. “I have loads of data about your suit, I could probably make something similar out of that!”

Janus felt a smug smile threaten to crawl its way onto his face. Logan was naive, believing him so easily. He hadn't even suspected for a second that Janus could be lying.

The hero should know better than to take everything at face value, especially since he had been deemed the 'smart one.'

"We need to do something about the salt, though." Logan murmured. "If a villain were to discover this weakness, they'll try to exploit it."

"Maybe it would be best to keep this between the two of us." Janus suggested, tilting his head. "You know, to minimize risk?"

"No." Logan shook his head immediately. "The others need to know." He told Janus firmly.

"Why?" Janus asked, a bit suspicious. Were they planning to use salt on him if he were to ever betray them?

"So that we know which fights to sit you out of." Logan told him simply. "What if Jafar plans to blow up a salt factory, or something?"

"Why would he do that?" Janus tilted his head.

"I don't know, but the possibility exists." Logan shrugged. "If a villain learns of your weakness, we all need to be able to cover you."

"Cover me? Like--protect me?" Janus mumbled, furrowing his brow.

"Of course." Logan nodded.

"Huh." Janus murmured numbly.

"Exactly. That’s why we must keep each other safe.” Logan turned to him, giving a friendly smile. “Well, I’ll get to work on the suits. You’re free to leave.” 

“Oh, really?” Janus blinked. “But--”

“I’ve kept you here long enough, and I’m sure you don’t want to sit here and watch me work.” Logan raised an eyebrow. “It’s fine, we can pick this up tomorrow.” 

“Oh--Uh--Good luck, then?” Janus gave a shy little wave, before quickly rushing out of the lab. 

“Thank you.” Logan nodded gratefully.