Chapter 18

The villains didn't make any moves for a week after that.

A box containing the material Janus' suit was made out of showed up at their door. Luckily, Jan was the first to find it. He didn't want the heroes to grow suspicious.

He gave it to Logan, his excuse was that his supplier had been given false information regarding the material. The hero was ecstatic at the news, immediately throwing himself into his work.

"Jan!" Remus burst into his bedroom.

That was another thing. Over the past week, Remus and Janus had become nearly inseparable. They just clicked in a way that the other heroes couldn't understand.

"What is it?" Janus asked, looking up from the book he was reading.

"Look!" Remus showed him something on his phone.

It was a picture of the cover of a movie.

"'Rising of the Insatiable One: The Eternal Thirst'...?" Janus read, furrowing his brow. "What's that?"

Remus' jaw dropped, and he stared wide-eyed at him. "Are you being serious?"

Janus blinked, before nodding hesitantly.

"Have you seen any of the 'Rising of the Insatiable One' movies?!" Remus exclaimed. "They're the best horror movies in history! I heard that when the lead actor of the first one read the script, he nearly fainted from how horrific it was!"

"That's...concerning." Janus frowned. "These movies are...legal?"

"Yup!" Remus nodded enthusiastically. "Jesus, Jan! First it was the Crofters thing, now this? Where have you been for the past 20 years?"

Wasting away in his bedroom, waiting for the day he would be allowed into the real world.

"Around." Janus shrugged.

"I have to show you the movies!" Remus ripped the book out of Janus' hands. "Come on! Get up!"

"I was reading that." Janus whined, but stood up anyways.

"We are watching all five movies!" Remus chirped, grabbing Janus' wrist and dragging him to the living room.

"Five?!" Janus spluttered.

"Yes! We have to watch all five!" Remus explained. "Otherwise, you'll be completely confused when you watch the new one!" He stopped abruptly. "Is that okay with you?" He asked.

"Huh?" Janus blinked, surprised.

"Are you cool with us having a movie marathon?" Remus released his wrist. "I should've asked earlier, sorry."

"Oh, uh, yeah." Janus nodded. "Yeah, that's fine."

Remus beamed. "Great!" He grabbed Janus' wrist again and beelined for the living room.

Virgil and Roman were sitting on the couch, the former painting the latter's nails. They both looked up as Remus and Janus approached.

"I don't like that look on your face." Virgil said to Remus.

"We're watching the Rising of the Insatiable One movies!" Remus told them cheerily. "So if you're gonna be a fucking pussy, I suggest you leave."

"Oh, I love those movies." Virgil gave them a lazy grin. "Mind if I join?"

"Of course not, Virgin." Remus replied flippantly. "How about you, Ro?"

Roman was pale as a sheet. "...Th-The, uh, Rising of the Insatiable One movies?" He asked. "A-All of them?"