ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

Third Person

The Lost Boy

『• • • ✎ • • •』

"There's a missing kid

"There's a missing kid." Astred said as she watched the news.

"There's always a missing kid." Eric told her, just as a photo of Luke came up on the screen.

"Oh shi..." Astred said.

『• • • ✎ • • •』

"Sarah-Jane! I saw the news. It can't be Luke." Astred said as she hugged the woman.

"And Luke, are you OK?" Astred asked him as she hugged him as well.

"Eric's using his work resources to find information on this Ashley's parents. Find out how long they've been around, any degrees, school records. His bosses seem pretty happy to let him do it. I know you have Mr Smith, but it never hurts to have, whatever resources Eric can find also on hand." Astred explained, she then heard sirens and said, "Luke, you'll be OK."

『• • • ✎ • • •』

"Eric, is there anything on the parents?" Astred asked her brother over the phone, "Nothing. Other than the police report, filed last week." Eric told her.

"Bloody hell, how have they managed to make it such a big thing? Most missing kids don't get a whole police conference." Astred asked.

"Money." Eric answered.

"What I don't understand is, how they got that picture of Luke?" Astred answered.

"Unless they have a mole." Eric told her.

"Yeah, right." Astred said with a laugh, she stopped walking and said, "Oh no."

『• • • ✎ • • •』

Astred was sat in the canteen, with Maria and Clyde, as Maria explained how Sarah-Jane wanted nothing to do with them anymore. "So that's it? No more monsters. No more saving the world." Clyde asked.

"She's devastated about Luke." Maria told him.

"Well, she's not the only one hurting, is she?" Clyde asked.

"Where is Luke?" Astred asked.

"His parents live in Hammersmith. I suppose Luke... Ashley will go back to his old school." Maria answered.

"So, that's the last we see of him, too? I'd just got him listening to Kasabian. I was gonna move on to Arctic Monkeys. Give me a couple of months and I could have had him passing for cool." Clyde said.