ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚

Third Person

Mona Lisa's Revenge

『• • • ✎ • • •』

Astred was sat on the table at school as she watched Clyde draw K-9, "I don't know how you do that

Astred was sat on the table at school as she watched Clyde draw K-9, "I don't know how you do that." Luke said, the two had called a truce and decided that arguing constantly wasn't fun and that they should stop, also stopping annoyed Clyde, so there was a plus side to this.

"You either got it or you haven't, Lukey-boy. You see, art isn't something you can learn." Clyde told him.

"Surely it's a matter of bio-mechanical transference of what the eye sees to the paper? In the end, it all comes down to geometry." Luke told him.

"I don't think it does. Maths is great and all, but art is stupid, it doesn't follow any rules like in maths. Even Literature has some rules that authors follow to it, I can splatter some paint on a canvas and call it art, no rules at all." Astred said.

"You both have terrible ideas at what art is." Clyde told them.

"Morning, 11T." Mr Chandra said as he walked into the room, "Someone's in trouble. That's Dad's serious face." Rani said as she jumped off of the desk she was sitting on, Astred also sat down on a chair. "£5 it's Clyde." Astred told Luke, they shook hands and the bet was on.

"All right, you lot, settle down. If I may, Mrs Taylor? I have an important announcement to make. Concerning you, Clyde Langer." Mr Chandra said, Astred smirked and whispered, "You better cough up soon."

"Me? Oh, what have I done now? Wait, oh no, wait, don't tell me... I turned up. All I have to do to get some teachers back up." Clyde asked.

"You aren't in trouble, Clyde. For once, quite the opposite. I've just had an e-mail from a Mr Harding, curator of the International Gallery." Mr Chandra answered.

"Who?" Clyde asked.

Instead of answering, Mr Chandra only said, "Tomorrow morning, this entire class will be the first members of the public to see... the Mona Lisa, here in the UK. And all thanks to Clyde. You won first prize!"

As everyone gushed over what they were going to see, Astred asked, "What's the Mona Lisa?" This made everyone stop clapping, "Joke." Astred said, not wanting to come across as alien to her classmates.

"Wait. As much as I appreciate the adulation - and missing double maths tomorrow - there's been a mistake. I never put my work into any competition." Clyde said.

"Someone did." Mr Chandra said.

"Well, I wonder who?" Clyde asked Luke.

"They were looking for the country's most promising young artist. And you really are good, Clyde." Luke answered.

"Brilliant." Rani said.

"I knew you'd never put yourself forward." Luke told him.

"Well, it's not good for the image, is it, some nerdy competition." Clyde said.