ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟡

Third Person

The Man Who Never Was

『• • • ✎ • • •』

The day before, Tony Stark had turned up at Astred's home asking for her help planning his proposal to Pepper, and for some reason, he decided to not stay at an expensive hotel, but in Astred's spare bedroom.

"Is Luke still on for New York during the summer?" Tony asked Astred as she prepared to leave the house, "Yes. He wants to know what Pepper will say, also we have a bet." Astred answered.

"I can't believe I let you help me prepare a proposal." Tony whispered.

"Chewie, give me a kiss." Astred said as she knelt down so Chewie could give her a hug before she left, the dog jumped up and placed his paws on her shoulders and licked Astred's face. "Bye-Bye, baby boy. Tony remember to take him for a walk. I will kill you if you don't." Astred said, she then left the house to go to Sarah-Jane's.

『• • • ✎ • • •』

"Morning, Sky." Astred said as she looked up from her laptop as the girl walked into the attic. "Well, I think I've got everything he wants. 'Oh, it doesn't matter, Mum,' he says and then when he turns up, it's straight to the fridge and 'Why haven't we got any bacon?'" Sarah-Jane said as she prepared for Luke's arrival.

"Well, let him starve. When I went up to Oxford, the cupboards were bare. We went for a karaoke night, may or may not have had a few drinks, Luke and his mates ended up at my hotel room, they ordered so much room service. Luckily, Tony was paying, and he was very happy that the list of things he banned me from buying, were not bought." Astred told her.

"Are you all right, Sky?" Rani asked the girl who sat down on the steps leading down to the other level of the attic.

"Just a little nervous. Meeting Luke face-to-face, not just on the screen." Sky answered.

"Well, you couldn't have a better brother." Sarah-Jane told her.

"At least yours isn't a fugitive." Astred said.

"Have you heard anything from Eric?" Clyde asked.

"Postcard from Okinawa. Sent by someone else after he had left the country, as usual." Astred answered, she then closed her laptop, just as Luke walked into the attic.

"Luke! Oh, welcome home." Sarah-Jane said as she hugged her son.

"Hi, Mum." Luke said.

"Hi, Clani!" Luke told Clyde and Rani.

"Don't call us that!" Rani said as she hugged Luke.

"Clani? Who's Clani?" Sarah-Jane asked.

"Clyde, Rani. Clani. Astred came up with it." Clyde answered.

"You bet I did." Astred answered as she hugged Luke.

"It's meant to be funny." Rani told Sarah-Jane, she then added, "Astred has also came up with 'Pepperony' for Pepper and Tony. She's obsessed."

"There's also Stony. Steve and Tony, someone on the internet came up with that, there's a lot of artwork..." Astred added.

"He can't keep away." Clyde said as fist-bumped Luke.

"Luke, meet Sky, in person." Sarah-Jane said.

"Sky. Hi. Hi, Sky!" Luke said.

"You're taller than you look on webcam." Sky told him.