The Last Heir

Noel rubbed her eyes and stretched her fingers as she finished her piled up paperworks for the entire week. She hummed as she cleared out her desk by putting the papers on the floor. "Haaaah.. Can finally visit the old man and eat my gyudon.." She sighed as she started to daydream of being served a billion of gyudon, she started drooling. She snapped back when she heard noises outside, she looked out from her window and saw a mob going into the town hall. She immediately grabbed her mace and ran out her room, bumping into one of her junior knights. "Use the tunnels below!" She yelled out. "HAI!" She approached the doorway and locked it. "Senior knights, follow me to the roof and we'll make our way from there!" She turned to her scout. "You, figure out why there's a mob!" The scout nodded and exited through the window and climbed up to the roof.

Noel, along with her fellow knights walked up to the roof of their headquarters and looked down below, seeing so many people. "What's happening here?" One of the senior knights asked. "I don't know man, think the people finally got sick of the mayor?" Noel slapped both their heads. "Oi, move it." She snapped at them and jumped through rooftops to get to the town hall. Seeing her scout up ahead, she slowed down and knelt beside him. "I can't see much from here danchou. But I did saw a cloaked figure ran and hid into the town hall." Noel nodded at this, her eyes widen as she immediately grabbed her mace and deflected a kunai away. The senior knights behind her, clearly impressed at her speed.

The knights immediately drew their sword when a swirl pattern appeared on the knife. "Danchou!" One yelled out and Noel immediately turned and then saw a man appear out from a swirl. All of them immediately raised their weapons towards him. "Who the hell are you!" One of the knight yelled out, the man in the cloak rose his hand. "I'm the reason why these people are here." The man reached up to his face and slowly removed his hood. The knights were utterly shocked when they saw his eyes. "D-danchou! H-he's the last heir of-!" The man turned towards Noel and her eyes widened as well. "I.. I thought you were all dead!" Noel yelled out as her grip on her mace loosened. "I was sent here by the hermit in the mountains. Told I need to find the captain of the knights." Noel stepped closer. "That'll be me, what did that crazed old man told you now?" The man pulled out a scroll and handed it over to Noel. Her eyes immediately widened as she saw the stamp. "House Shiranui?!" Noel yelled out in shock as she regained her composure. At this time, Noel saw other insignia in the stamps. "Yukihana.. Shirakami and.. Nakiri? These are all powerful families in our city." Noel said as he looked at the man. "I'm gonna be honest, I too am not sure why those specific families are chosen." The man then sat down and looked up at Noel. "All I know is that my father told me to look for this hermit. Now I got that from him and told me to give that to you. He said you'd know what to do with it." Noel grabbed her head and sighed. "The he..ll?" She looked up and saw the town hall catching on fire. "Knights! Ge-" The man stood in front of her and did some hand signs. "Suiton: Bakusui Shōha!" He yelled out as a suddenly, a stream of water emerges and drowned out the town hall. Impressively, it contained itself and the shape of the water took the shape of the town hall.

The knights and Noel were shocked at this. The scout noticed that the water seem to have frozen in place but he can still see ripples through the water. "You're.." The man nodded as he turned around and looked at them. "I'm the last of my people and kind, soon I'll be nothing but a fading memory for all of you." The man closed his eyes and crosses his arms. "Right now, I only want to restore my family's honor." His eyes opened and looked at them all, his eyes spinning ever so slightly. "I've made my peace with the knights of old. I shouldn't blame you all for the sins of your fathers." He said as she closed his eyes again, once he opened his eyes again, it revealed he has beautiful ocean blue eyes. Noel seemed to have got lost in it for a moment before shaking his head. "I.. I heard that my father was responsible for the death of your clan." The man nodded and knelt in front of Noel. "I don't blame him either." The man sighed and rubbed his palm. "We were known for being power hungry. We would've posed threat to your city. Hell, if it wasn't for your father, this city would've been ashes." He said as he clenched his fists and took a deep breath. He stood up and looked over the horizon, he sighed and combed his hair backwards with his hand.

Noel eyes wandered up to him. "Who are you?"

He chuckled and sighed as he continued to admire the horizon. "(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N), formerly Uchiha. I'll be in your care in the meantime." He said as he looked at them slightly and continued admiring the view.

Noel knew that starting from now on, her journey will only get harder as she continues to help this man.