Chapter 16

Izuku: Hey teach! It's time to get up!

Aizawa: Uh I don't want to get up. This couch is dangerous. What time is it Izuku?

Izuku: 6:00AM. I already took a shower so it's free for you to use.

Aizawa: What about Inko?

Izuku: Mom got called in early today. She's already at the hospital by now. How many eggs do you want for breakfast teach? And how do you want-em cooked?

Aizawa: Two sunny side up will be fine Izuku. Thanks for fixing me breakfast.

Izuku: No problem at all teach. I'm not as good a cook as mom, but I'll do my best.

Aizawa: That means you're better than a five star chef. I look forward to breakfast.

Izuku: What would you like to drink? Milk, fruit juice, tea or coffee?

Aizawa: Coffee would be nice.

Izuku: Gotcha. Do you want it black and strong, or flavored and sweet?

Aizawa: The stronger the better.

Izuku: Alright! I'll get that ready for you!
Aizawa than went to take a quick shower.

Aizawa: I'm out Izuku. Is breakfast ready? I could smell the coffee in the shower.

Izuku: Yep it's all ready! Come have a seat!

Aizawa: ... Izuku did you cook me a couple of dragon eggs?

Izuku: No I would if I could get some. Those are ostrich eggs.

Aizawa: If I knew that I would have asked for one, but don't worry about it. I can finish it later today. You really when't all out here. Bacon, sausage, steaks, toast and biscuits.

Izuku: Oh it's nothing special. It's just what I usually cook for breakfast. Be sure to grab enough for the rest of the day. If you plan on eating it though out the day.

Aizawa: I'll get plenty don't worry. I do have a question though. Why is there a Dremel rotary tool in your bathroom?

Izuku: Oh that? Well when you eat as much as I do, and you always have teeth showing. You want-em as clean as possible.

Aizawa: ... I know you must have been doing that for years, but I have to ask. Is that even safe?

Izuku: My body doesn't have any fat cells. It stores everything in my muscles and bones. A side effect of that is my bones and teeth are harder than normal. I only use it on low, and I use a soft polisher. I don't do anything crazy like using a grinding tip. I don't want to lose the rest of my face after all.

Aizawa: I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but can I ask you a question about your cheek?

Izuku: Sure thing teach.

Aizawa: First I want to say there's nothing wrong with how you look. So please don't misinterpret what I'm going to ask you. Have you ever thought about having facial reconstruction surgery.

Izuku: Of course I have. But I did this to myself. There are a lot of inconveniences, but I've adapted. I've adapted to too much I guess. Kyoka's made me realize that. If I had facial reconstruction surgery they would probably take some skin off my leg or somewhere. That would give me a new ugly scar. And you know what they say about mending an old garment with new. It makes it look even worse. Kyoka loves me even with this ugly scar. I would love to look better for her, but I'm afraid surgery would make me uglier. I don't want to risk losing Kyoka you know.

Aizawa: You're not ugly Izuku! And Kyoka wouldn't leave you over something as petty as that! But I understand where you're coming from. This is all new to you and you don't want to lose it. That's normal everyone wants to be happy. You're an amazing person Izuku. This breakfast you made is every bit as good as Inko's. You only see yourself in the negative. You're going to have to work on that if you want to make Kyoka, Inko and me happy.