Chapter 25

Izuku: not bad, some of you even have average stamina. The rest of you did well enough though, running a couple miles. I can tell your recovery time is taking a bit too long though.

Momo: *panting* W-what are you using for a reference?

Kyoka: *panting* I-is it heroes or QMMAF fighters?

Izuku: QMMAF fighters, it what I know best.

Kirishima: *panting* W-why would people who fight in a ring run for miles?

Izuku: It's a fun little game we have for the new fighters, to teach them the importance stamina is for a fighter. You know about the running of the bulls? Well it's like that, but the bulls are the more experienced fighters.

Mina: *panting* I-I don't see how being chased by ogres like you could be fun.

Izuku: But it is, both sides. I honestly miss getting chased. If they catch up to you you fight, if you win you keep running til the next one gets you. And it always turns into a free for all! The bulls taking out each other so they can catch more people, the runners trying to trip each other up so they don't get caught! It's a blast!

Tokoyami: *panting* I-I imagine for a group of battle maniacs that would be fun, are you going to try and make us battle maniacs as well?

Izuku: You can't make someone love something Edgelord, come on you've rested long enough, let's start testing your strength!

Everyone: Can we please get five more minutes?!

Izuku: You can't ask for more time when lives are on the line so get moving.

Toru: *panting* You might be a stricter teacher than sensai.

Izuku: We only have two weeks, it's important I get a rough understanding of where you're all at physically, I told you. Today would be the roughest. Alright we're here! The running part you all did at once, but you'll be taking turns here. You'll notice these test dummies all over the place, some under rubble that one's under a car, you got a steel beam on that one and that pile of ten of them there. The thing you'll be doing is seeing how many you can save from the stuff on them, you don't have to actually get the dummies free. I just want you to see if you could save someone under these circumstances with just your physical abilities. That pile of them is where you'll actually be picking them up and moving them to a safe zone. So who wants to be first?

Momo: Wait are we still testing stamina?

Izuku: Your strength is what we're testing here, though this does press the fact how important stamina is. I don't expect all of you to be able to lift a steel beam or car, there are limits to what you can do. But you all need to be able to at least carry and move one dummy. They each weigh 150 pounds, that's a little above the average human weight in Asia and a little below the average weight in North America. That'll have you in pretty decent shape for rescue. So who's willing to go first?

Kyoka: I'll go first.

Izuku: That's the spirit! Remember lift with your legs not your back, don't want to hurt yourself.

After everyone was done.

Izuku: Hopefully you see the need for a reasonable amount of muscles. Several of you could have lifted everything with your quirks mind you, but it's important to know where you really stand. Kinoko and Toru, you two faired the worst here, but you both did manage to move some of the dummies so good job there! We'll definitely need to do some strength and stamina training. Lucky for us strap on weights help with both.

Tsu: *panting* T-thanks for being willing to help all of us Izuku k-kero. Sorry we're ruining your own preparation for the sports festival.

Izuku: None of you are ruining anything. I just would have kept up my maintenance training. With my wrecked larynx I can't really train my quirk anymore.