Chapter 4

POV | Yeji

"You know each other?!" Hyunjin looked at us. I gulped, turning around, but my father grabbed my shoulder, and whispered, "No Yeji, you are marrying this woman so we can get this money. She seems pretty bratty but I don't give a fuck." I took a deep breath.

"What's the matter? You don't like me?" I heard Ryujin's snotty voice. I rolled my eyes, turning back around, "Mom, you sure there isn't someone else?" Mom looked at me, "Hwang Yeji, don't be rude, and say hi to your fiancée." Mentally, I was ragdolling my way to Ryujin, but I was just walking with posture to make my family assume I didn't have an attitude.

"Nice to meet you, Hwang." The alpha bowed her head. Oh don't act like this is the first time you've met me. I was gonna have to spend my life with this fucking bitch? Are you kidding me? There was no way I was gonna actually be in love with her. This was a loveless marriage and that is how it's gonna stay.

"Yeji.." My mother singled me to greet. I gritted my teeth, and mumbled, "Nice to meet you too." I hated saying those words. I wanted smack that smirk of her handsome face. Wait.. did I just compliment her? No Yeji! I mentally yelled at myself.

Ryujin stuck out her hand for me to shake and when I did, I shook vigorously. The alpha soon pulled her hand back, "I will be looking forward to this marriage." Oh god? Do I have to say it back? I looked back at my dad. He was giving me the face. "Me too.." I growled, stepping back.

"Well we've set up a house for the two of you and we want you guys to move in as soon as tonight. So pack your stuff and we will meet you there." Mr. Shin clapped his hands. As my family and her parents gathered up to the door, she whispered in my ear, "We meet again, sweet omega."

I clenched my fists hard, and looked back, "Look dumb alpha, we have boundaries, and there is no way I'll let you touch me with your nasty hands." Ryujin pursed her lips, "Ah, is that so?" I grumbled, and mumbled, "Why would I say it then dumbass?" Ryujin gripped my wrist like the other night, "What's that?" I saw those dominating eyes.

"Guys?" My mom looked at the two of us. "We're coming," Ryujin smirked, taking my hand, and holding it as we walked out. I couldn't take my hand away because my dad would yell at me so I just allowed it. "Is she the alpha who tamed you?" Hyunjin whispered to me. I sighed, "Yes, don't tell mom or dad, I have to get out of this somehow."

My twin nodded, and went up to my family. Our parents were already liking each other which wasn't a good sign. "I'm meeting an old friend later," Ryujin suddenly says. I know. I set it up. "And?" Not gonna lie, I did like the warmth she brought me. "Well since you're my fiancée, I think you should know about my whereabouts."

"I don't care," I responded, looking at the river beside us. We were walking to my house. Great. "You don't care? What if I had gotten into a car accident and you didn't know where I was?" I mumbled, "I would love for that to happen." Ryujin yanked on my hand, "You really are a snob." I scoffed, "Me? A snob? Look at you!"

Our families looked back at us when I raised my voice. I pressed my lips together, and whispered, "I'm not a snob." Ryujin chuckled, "I find that hard to believe, especially acting that way in front of your parents. Sounds like a brat too." I dug my nails into her soft hand. "You're not gonna hurt me, sweet omega. You're way too weak." Ryujin says in a deeper voice.

I huffed, and got defeated by the alpha. Ryujin shifted her arm to my waist, and pulled me closer, kissing my forehead. What the hell? I then noticed the cameras pointed at us. I knew Ryujin's bakery was big and all, but they were losing money like us. It was all because of protests on the killing of Gowon, a used to be student at the college around here.

I'm assuming the only way this arrangement would work is to make the media believe it, and my guesses is once they hear a lesbian couple is taking over the bakery and florist, they'll all want to come back. As much as I hated this, I nuzzled the alpha's arm. "Are you guys dating?!" The paparazzi shouted.

I gulped, looking at my family. "Please give us privacy!" My mom yelled. Ryujin taking her arm off and we speedwalked up to our families. "Listen to us, act like a couple in public so they wouldn't get suspicious, but deny and avoid the questions about love. We will announce the engagement and the merge of the stores at a party in three months."

Ugh, this is gonna be horrible. "Alright," Ryujin responds. I looked for her hand but it wasn't holding mine anymore. Why did I look? Ryujin looked me up and down. I hate this tension between us. Why did we have to mate that night?

Author's note:

Sorry this chapter is shorter than the rest, it'll get longer along the way.

I'm posting more than one chapter today because I'm already writing on Chapter 15.

Thoughts?