Chapter 15

POV | Ryujin

I nuzzled our heads together, loving the warmth she brought me, even though it was cold out. She just looked so pretty right now. The dress and flower clip in her hair. Mwah.

"You know.. for the first time you've done something really nice for me.." Yeji softly says, leaning away from my head. "I know you've been going through a rough time, that's all." That wasn't all. I wanted to have a romantic date with her to make her change perspectives about me. Get her to fall for me.

The omega furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean?" I caressed her arm that was still holding my neck, "Well you come home sighing and complaining about your day. I caught you crying too. I just wanted to do something special for you. Which is why..." Yeji blinked. I stepped back, getting on one knee, and opening the ring box, "I got you that ring."

Yeji covered her mouth, "Oh my gosh, no Ryujin.. I was just mad the other night." I shook my head, "No no, you're right, you need a ring." Yeji had tears in her eyes and then said, "Are you just doing this because you don't want alphas hitting on me?" I said, "Well, you're my fiancée, and this wasn't really a proper engagement.. so yeah I guess I don't really want any other alphas hitting on my girl."

"I'm not your girl though," Yeji responded. I took a deep breath, "We're supposed to be engaged." Yeji says, "That doesn't mean that I can't go on dates and mate with other alphas." My heart stopped, making me lose my balance but still hold onto the box. What... she.. she's been.. mating with or dating other alphas? "There was no rule saying I could stay single. And didn't you go on a date with that girl?"

Oh. The girl I asked for her to give her number. I did go on a 'date' with her but it was just to talk about things I could do to get Yeji to fall in love with me. "That wasn't a date.." Yeji tilted her head, "Really? Didn't you call her hot?" I gulped, "Well I just like to compliment people." She hasn't been seeing other alphas. She has my scent all over her, I would know if she did.

"The point is, we're not a thing and don't try to make it a thing." Really? We've mated, kissed, slept in the same bed, called each other pet names, got jealous when one is with another person, gone on dates, lived together, work practically at the same job, or at least will be. I mean how do you not call us a thing? Friends don't do that. Strangers don't do that. What are we then?

I had to respect her decision then. "Do you want the ring or not?" I was kinda annoyed now. "I guess.." Then why the fuck did you just go on the rant?! I took another deep breath and put it on her ring finger. I stood up, looking at the other. "I'm sorry.." She whispered. "W-why are you so.. against me? What did I do?" I softly asked. "I'm trying my best honestly. I stopped drinking, changed my behavior, took you on this nice date.. I mean.. what happened?"

Yeji stayed quiet. I was gonna blow my plan. I knew it. "Are you just gonna leave me?" She asked, "Are you gonna leave me when this thing ends..?" I sighed, "Only time will tell, but.. I don't.. want it to end that way, no." She looked at the ring, making me see the diamond sparkle in her teary eyes. "I don't know, Ryujin."

"You don't know what?" I asked. "What to feel.." I put my hands on her shoulders, making her look at me, "Listen to your heart.." Tears fell from her eyes, "How am I supposed to do that?! God, I wish I never got in this mess!" She started running away. "Y-Yeji! Yeji.. Yeji come on.." She put her heels on and took her purse, running off.

I went back to the picnic blanket and looked at that bottle of wine. The many times I had said, "I need a drink," came back to me. "Don't do it, Ryujin. Stay sober for her. Show her that you can be more than a dumb alpha. And you better go get her before she winds herself up in trouble." I quickly got up, starting to run, "Yeji! Yeji, come back!"

I heard her heels clash against the ground so I knew she was close. I finally caught up to her by a Lifehouse. I pulled her into a back hug, "Hold on, don't leave.. you can't leave.." Yeji yelled, "I know! And that's exactly the problem! I can't get out of this!!" My lip trembled, "Stop crying.. p-please.. this wasn't my choice.." Yeji covered her face, and screamed, "Then why are we stuck in this!" I cried, holding the omega tight in my arms, "I don't know!" Yeji turned around, giving me this right hug that pushed me a little bit.

I petted her head and sobbed while she sobbed. Why did I have to fall in love with her? We cried like this for a few minutes and then pulled away. I whispered, "I'm sorry.." Yeji covered her eyes, "I ruined this whole thing, I should be the one apologizing. You set this whole date up for us and I fucked it up." I caressed her red cheek, "No, it's okay Yeji.."

"I-I.. I.. I love you.." Yeji said, making my heart feel some sort of way. She hugged me again, "I'm just confused right now, I don't know what I want. Can we go to the hotel?" I kissed her forehead, "Yes.." Yeji looked pale and was probably sick of crying. I picked her up, carrying her on my side, putting my jacket around her so she wouldn't get cold.

I cleaned up the picnic blanket and all the stuff, putting it back in the car along with Yeji. When I got into the driver's seat, she was already snoozing away. I put her pillow next to her which made her hug it. I know I think it a lot but Yeji is just so precious when she sleeps. I made my way to the hotel, hearing Yeji sleep talk in her sleep which she always does. She's more of a lousy sleeper than me which is hard to say about someone else.

I got the nicest hotel in the area because I get the nicest things for the ones I truly love. I chuckled, "Yeji, you got me confused too." Yeji whined and hugged her pillow tighter. "Alright, we're here." I pulled into the hotel parking lot. "Yeji," I tapped her shoulder. She flinched, "W-what?" I laughed, "Come on, we're here." Yeji closed her eyes, "Ryujinnnn.. I wanna sleep.."

"That's why we're here." I got out of the car, grabbing our bags, and opened the door for her. "Come on, I can't carry ya." Yeji got out of my car, hugging her pillow tightly. I put my arm around her waist and walked in with her. While I was getting confirmation at the front desk, Yeji leaned on me with closed eyes. "One child?" The man asked. I chuckled, "She's actually my fiancée, get up hon."

"Oh I'm so sorry, I couldn't tell," He apologized. Yeji whined, "I'm tired.." I kissed her cheek, "I know, hang in a little longer." The man gave me two key cards, "Alright, your room is 569." I took the key cards and put them in my pocket, "69.." I laughed quietly. Yeji jumped on the cart, "Finally I can get a ride." God, I'm so dirty-minded. "Babe, get off the cart, you can't do that." The people were staring at her.

"I don't want to." She fussed and put her hands on her hips. I bit my lip, feeling so embarrassed, "Hon, stop it. I know you're grumpy but you don't have to make a scene." She grumbled, getting off the cart, and side hugged me. "You're so weird.." I mumbled, opening the elevator door.

Author's note:

Thoughts?