Epilogue

A couple weeks after Elijah's Funeral...

    Elyza lay quietly on her bed, curled up. Awake but wishing she were asleep. No one was there to force her out of bed now. Link and Zelda had left Necluda. Zalie and Kenton were in Lurelin Village, as far as she knew. It was just her.

   "Elyza. You gotta get up."

   She heard phantom whispers. They weren't really there; it was a wish. But she got up anyway. And all she saw was an empty bed.

   He said not to let it destroy her. It wasn't that easy. He'd always been stronger.

   Elyza went through the motions and ate breakfast even though she wasn't hungry. She inevitably saw Elijah's bag on the floor. She had pulled the food and spices out so it didn't rot but she hadn't had the heart at the time to go through the rest.

   Well, if she put it all away now, she wouldn't have to look at it anymore. Elyza stood and grabbed the bag. She pulled out the clothes and paper fell out onto the floor. It was thick and on the front of the folded paper was written,
                     𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑒.

   She frowned. That was his handwriting. Elyza picked it up and opened it up. She started to read the letter.

    𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑦𝑧𝑎,
     𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖𝑓 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒. 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝐺𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑢𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑒. 𝐴𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑙𝑙-𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑒.

   𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦, 𝐼 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒. 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠. 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑙. 𝐼𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦. 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑦. 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢. 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑘𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝐼𝑓 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡. 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑡. 𝐼 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑜 𝑖𝑡. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒. 𝐺𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜.

    𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑖𝑡'𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑚 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐷𝑎𝑑 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛. 𝑇𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑠 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑑 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑢𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐿𝑖𝑛𝑘. 𝑆𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑦𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑙𝑦. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛.