Entry #13

Summers POV -

The next morning Oliver was snuggled up into me sleeping soundly as I played with his hair waking him from his rest, he stayed the night last night after playing uno and slapjack all night with me and helped me with my homework.

its funny when he becomes the smart one out of us only because I haven't been at school and he told me all about how mr. Michealson was mad that we couldn't finish our end of the year project together and agreed to let my car we worked on before everything happened be our project but we still had to write about everything we did.

"pay attention!", he demands in a joking matter.

"I am paying attention, to you!", I snap back at him.

"not what I meant", he chuckles.

"its what I meant!".I insist.

I play punch him and he falls back like it hurt him and pulls me back with him flipping us so I'm pinned onto my hospital bed.

I look deep into his eyes giggling at his gesture, "let me go!"

"I cant do that until you listen!", he demands.

"your bossy today!", I snort.

I wiggle my way out of his hold making him lose his smile on his face, "I don't want to study anymore, lets do something else", I suggested.

"what would you like todo then?", he questions.

"how's your mom doing?", I ask making him lose his smile altogether.

he pauses for a moment knowing I hit a tender spot on him.

"s-shes doing ummm... okay I guess", he mumbles not wanting to tell the full truth.

he sits up in the hospital bed making me do the same to meet his gaze he is trying to avoid me making.

"Oliver, I'm not gonna push you to tell me about her but I'm just asking because I have seen her and I know how bad she is and if your holding off just because she has the same thing as me then...", I assure him only for him to lean in and kiss me.

he pulls away slowly, "its just I don't like talking about my mom, ever since she left from our house my dad has gotten angry. don't get me wrong he was angry before but he's only gotten worse! before when my mom was around we had a safety neat for not just me but Elliot and now when he gets mad he tries to take it out on Elliot and I stop it so I take the blow. h-he's just got this anger in his eyes that can only be taken out on us.", he admits.

hearing him out with everything just shows my point that his father is an awful person, Cathy told me how they didn't marry for love but as part of there religion which they don't even practice anymore.

hearing oliver's side shows me that were not so different, in fact were kinda the same in some matters, we both have at least one parent that just doesn't care but the only difference is one of his is sick and he has a brother two things I don't have.

I hold my locket close to me gripping it harder trying to comfort me, "my aunt and uncle gave me this locket as a way to have faith that one day I would get out of the hold under my parents and find a refuge. they died when I was 12 though, both murdered no Kids or anything to tell their story.", I say trying to comfort him telling some of my own stories.

he smiles at me, "tell me more", he asked me.

"what would you like to know?", I question werry.

"you never talk about your dad but yet a minute ago you said you needed a way out from both parents. whats the story of that?", I cringe at the question asked from him and he seems to noice my discomfort.

"you don't have too if you don't want to though", he clarifies.

"no I do!", I take a deep breath before continuing...

"there's not much to tell really, my dad was a big drug user and would always find a way to torcher me. when I was younger my mom wasn't so bad and would actually help me when my dad came after us, but I got sicker and sicker from my medications and it set my mom off. one thing I should probably tell you Is my mom has horrible schizophrenia she was diagnosed as a child and now she has become violent with it. as for my dad he died last year and my mom blames me because I was the last one to see him", I finished recalling all the things they put me through in my life.

"they both sound like an ass for all the things you had to suffer though. I'm sorry you had no one else to look after you, you never had the chance to just be a kid.", he offered me a light smile showing me he truly cared.

"I've come to terms with it, but ill be glad when its all over one day", I objected.

"me too, me too!", he agreed

and then taking our attention once again his phone rang bring us back from all the trauma we had to think about in these few movements.

he stepped off the bed, "I'll be back", was the last thing he said looking at his phone worried and walking away.

I sat there quietly thinking about my parents, do I hate my mom?

I can't she's awful yeah but the only family I know of or even talk to, I cant hate her for what she cant control.

she did control it once the fire and rage she had in her but then she gave up and choose to use it to hurt me instead of protecting me, and without my father she makes up for the him by doing enough for two.

I think I should hate her but I cant bring myself too, I'm lucky to even have a home to go to and she still cares in her own way at times even with inflicting pain upon me.

bring me out of the questions and think swarming in my head the door opens again showing Oliver, but this time hes pale as a ghost and fear roaming in his eyes.

what happened on the phone call, better yet who was one there?

"Oliver", I keep my tone calm and collected showing I'm here.

he looks over to me, "she went into cardiac arrest, there saying she wont make it another few hours summer, what do I do?", he cries walking over to me and I hold out my arms wide to bring him close.

"Oliver, I'm so sorry! I don't really know what to say or do but If I was win your place I know when I lost my aunt and uncle I just wanted an arm to lean on and I can only assume even if she's still here fighting I'm here and your not alone. I promise shell make it though it and if not ill always be the arm to cry on. she's a fighter she can pull through!", I assure him in the most comforting way unsure of what truly to say. I know this women and I've grown quiet fond of her, she even knows my whole story inside and out. thinking of the worse that could happen to her only makes me want to hold him tighter.

I hear him silently sob into my arms, I know its hard for him to be so open and vulnerable but I appreciate that he came to me as his leaning hand.

we stay there in this hugging and comforting way the rest of the night, they told him even if she's in the hospital she's allowed no visitors as she is too unstable at the moment, I feel for him and his family I can only imagine what there going through.

after some time Elliot came in to also join us, one of his school teachers brought him over because he was still there when they got the call and she took off just to comfort him.

so I had more than one man to care in these valuable moments.