The Battle Begins

PRDE -The Pride Within-

Chapter 20- The Battle Begins

Rayna and Emerald both walked out of the bullhead into the bright sun. They looked around to see many small wooden buildings.

"Well, Vacuo is definitely different from Vale, that's for sure," said Emerald. She also noticed that the people here weren't wearing any heavy clothing considering how Vale is in winter mode. "I'm surprised no one's cold considering it's winter."

"Have ya seen the sun! Hace calor! It's hot!" Rayna pointed to the sky. "Blazing hot!"

"Now you're just over exaggerating," said Emerald.

"You've never gone or seem Vacuo before have you, Em?"

"No, but I have read them in books."

"Well, I grew up in Vacuo and just because it's invierno, winter, doesn't mean it will be cold here. Vacuo is a place of rough-and-tumble lifestyle, it will always stay in the heat of the sun. We'd be lucky if it's a rainy or a windy day," Rayna explained.

"Wow."

"Yeah, but since it's winter season the climate is much cooler, though it's still hot."

"Alright, so where do we search for the Draco, or the Silver Fang?" Asked Emerald.

"This way." Rayna lead Emerald through the kingdom.

"So mind telling me where we are going?"

"I'll tell you this, both Draco and the Silver Fang are not in Vacuo."

"What? How do you know, Paige said that the Silver Fang sent members to Vacuo."

"Yes, but there's a legend about the Draco in this kingdom," said Rayna.

"And that legend is..."

"About how the a fire breathing dragon dwells on the island north from here."

"So that's where we're going, that island."

"Yep," Rayna said popping out the 'p' sound.

"So how are we gonna get there?"

"Please, if there's a legend about that island, of course a dumb person would use it to earn profits. Nos vamos en bote, we go by boat."

"Oh," Emerald said a little discourage. "We're going on a boat, that goes over water."

"What? No se puede nadar? Ya can't swim?"

"No, I can, but considering how I'm a..." Emerald swayed her tail in front of Rayna. "I expect you to know that I don't like water."

Rayna blinked twice, then burst out laughing. "Oh my god! Hahaha!! Tú eres una gata tales! You are such a cat! Hahaha!"

Emerald let out a hiss and Rayna immediately stopped laughing.
____________________

"Welcome to the Draco Cove! The boat that will take you to the Dragon island where the legend says that a real living Draco dwells."

Rayna and Emerald stood with the crowd of people who was listing to the tour guide. The boat behind the tall tour guide was the Draco Cove, big and white that can hold many people.

"Now then, everyone please watch your steps as you get on the boat and I will take the tickets as you go."

"Ready to get on?" Rayna asked her faunas partner.

"If I get wet, I'm blaming it on you," Emerald said.

Rayna chuckled, "Whatever."

They handed their tickets to the tour guide and got on the boat with everyone else.