Part 29

(Aubrey's POV)

"Alright here is your change, and you have a nice day!" I smiled and handed the woman her cash back. Liam stood up from his chair and quickly came behind me "Aye, isn't that your boy?" he whispered in my ear quickly. I squinted my eyes and looked around the beach "Zach Efron?! Haha. Who?" I asked and he shifted my body towards the right, landing my eyes towards a group of boys playing volleyball. I looked at a few unrecognised boys and then landed on one I knew. My eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped to the ground "Holy Shït!" I nearly yelled and ran to the back of the shack. Liam ran behind me "What's wrong? Why are you acting that way? You see the love of your life standing directly infront of you and your choice is to run away and hide, and not even say anything about it? Why are you avoiding him, you never know if he still loves or misses you!" he said. I breathed in and out "Liam. I want to avoid him because he needs to move on and enjoy his life, I can't be the reason holding him back to do the stuff he wants to do. He needs to have fun, and I need to grow up, because our relationship ended a year and a few months ago and I to also need to move on," I said slowly, thinking it out as I said it. Liam sighed "Whatever. But when he notices you and you guys end up talking and stuff happens, don't come crying to me," he said. C'mon it's a hot, beautiful, summer day and the waves are swaying, the suns shining, the hot sand gushing between your toes, what could go wrong? Just as I was thinking, my boss motioned me over, near by her. I approached her with a smile on my face "Hey boss! What's up?" I asked, "Hmm Aubrey, can you and your friend do me a favor?" she asked and I nodded. "Alright cool. Can I have Liam carry the ice cream cooler down to my truck and you go ahead of him, to my car as well to open the trunk for em?" she said and I slowly nodded "Sureee," I said sarcastically and she giggled and shooed Liam and I away. Liam carried the heavy cooler as I walked as fast as possible to my bosses car. I didn't want to be seen by the boys. No, no, no this can't be happening, dammit Liam. I groaned as I heard Liam struggling behind me and I turned around to help him carry the cooler. I couldn't pick it up at all, then a guy stood infront of me and grabbed it, without me catching a glance of his face. "Hey bro, need a hand?" he said as they lifted the cooler all the way to the truck. Liam chuckled "Thanks man," he said as they sat it in the truck. "No problem," the guy said and left. That guys voice sounded so familiar, I started to freak out and fast walk. The guy ran towards the group of boys playing volleyball, shit shit shit. I'm screwed.  Shit shit shit. One of the guys turned around and looked back at me, the another guy, then me, then the other guy again "Aye dude isn't that Aubrey?" he whispered with squinted eyes. He's not very good at whispering. The guy twisted around quickly and I locked eyes with Nash's. I'm officially efffff'd. "Aubrey?" he yelled as he ran towards me with wide eyes, I walked faster and ignored him, as much as it hurt to. Liam picked up his paste also.  Nash ran up faster and grabbed my waist in a weird way making me giggle and quickly snap out of his grip,"Haha, stop it Nash," I said and he smiled "Holy shït, Aubrey, it's you!" he yelled and he stepped infront of me and hugged me. I hesitated because I love Nash's hugs and I haven't had one in a long time, but then shook out of his arms and walked fast again. "Aubrey what's wrong? I missed you so much, it's been 1 year 4 months and 8 days!" he said, surprising me that he knew that. I rubbed it off and continued walking and Liam caught up, so did Nash, at exactly the same time too. Nash lightly tapped my shoulder and I focused on where I was going instead of him, "Who's he?" he asked, most likely referring to Liam. I thought for a minute then stopped right in my tracks "Oh yeah this is Liam. Liam meet Nash, and old friend, and Nash meet Liam, my boyfriend!" I said and smiled, taking Liam's hand in mine.

Yas yas yas yass baeeee! she rejected Nash for Liam but its alright, they might get back together. Maybe....