Chapter 22

Canada's health increased surprisingly quickly with the sickness he received getting cured over the last few days. He was soon up and walking about the house with either you, Australia, or Germany. Just in case of him suddenly passing out or feeling dizzy, either one of you stuck by his side to catch him. However, that never happened, because after the fourth day, he was out of his room running around as he was being chased by the five puppies. He enjoyed their presence because they made him feel happy, which is what Australia always wanted for him. The death of New Zealand basically broke the Canadian, but with the puppies here now, both brothers are happy.

"I haven't seen Nada this happy in a while. Thank you two for bringing this side of him back." Australia said.

You smiled. "It's the least we could do after hearing about you guys witnessing Kiwi's death."

"I am sure if he were here right now, he would be proud of you for caring for Canada over the last two months." Germany added.

Aussie sighed. "I hope he's doing well, wherever he is."

Canada burst through the kitchen door and ran across the living room with JJ, Lennard, and Maxie chasing him into the next room. Pumpkin and Alostar made their way over to you and Australia. Pumpkin jumped and curled up into a ball on your lap, while Alostar leaped up onto Aussie's lap, then onto his shoulder, and lastly climbed up onto his head and rested himself there.

"Aw, looks like these little fellas are tired." Australia chuckled and lightly pet Alostar's head.

You nodded and ran your fingers through Pumpkin's fur. "They've been running around for a bit now. Surely they must be exhausted."

"Seems like Maxie, JJ, and Lennard aren't though." Germany said.

"Well, one thing's for sure, they are all having fun, and I am glad that they are." You looked down at Pumpkin and realized that she had fallen asleep.

Germany examined his mechanical parts while you and Aussie spoke to each other. He hasn't had a chance to really use his new cybernetic eye or arm. For now, he'll use the safe abilities that he has since he doesn't want to end up blasting a huge laser and knocking down the whole house. Neither does he want to accidentally kill someone.

Canada rushed into the living room and pretended to trip over so that the puppies could jump on top of him. Lennard, Maxie, and JJ licked his face and jumped around. The Canadian laughed and sat up, taking the trio and setting them on his lap to pet.

"They are so adorable! I love them so much!" He exclaimed in pure happiness. Lennard crawled over to his leg, Maxie up to his shoulder, and JJ onto the top of his head.

"They love you too, Nada, from the looks of it." You said, laughing along with the others.

Canada gently grabbed Lennard and brought him close to his face. He rubbed his nose against Lennard's as he grinned.

"Have you two been training them or anything?" Australia asked.

You nodded. "Germany has been training them for combat everyday for half an hour so as to not overwork them."

Germany quit testing out robotic powers and focused on the conversation.

"Yup." He chimed in. "Over the last few days I haven't thought about it because of Canada's situation."

"Oh, I see." Aussie said, looking over at his brother, who was playing and having fun with the little animals. He was so distracted playing with the puppies that he isn't listening in to their conversation.

"He's such a child for his age." You said, but in a nice way.

"I will have to agree with ya there, mate. We all have our childish sides, though." Australia said, placing Alostar on his lap.

"True." Germany took JJ into his hands, which had hopped up onto his lap.

Maxie stiffened up and turned his head toward the front door. He began to whine, feeling a not-so-kind aura getting closer and closer.

"Oh no." Germany said.

"No...they found us!?" Your heart started to pound at a fast rate.

Australia whipped his head around to face his brother.

"Canada, go upstairs with (Y/N) and the puppies now!" He demanded.

The Canadian couldn't argue with him, so he took Lennard, JJ, and Maxie while you grabbed Pumpkin and Alostar. You both rushed upstairs, and as soon as you reached the top, the front door was knocked down.

Germany and Australia readied themselves for a fight.

Third Reich entered the household with three terrifying demonic-looking hounds. NATO, FBI, CIA, Spanish Empire, Russian Empire, First French Empire, and Austria-Hungary followed in after him.

"Deutschland!" Reich exclaimed happily.

Germany glared at him. "Don't act like you're happy to see me, Reich."

The Nazi chuckled. "Oh, but I am not acting, brother! I am simply happy to finally get you out of my way." He said his last sentence with a dark tone.

The countries with him charged toward him and Australia without needing Reich to command them to. Germany summoned a forcefield around him and his Australian friend.

As the two men were busy with his henchmen, Third Reich released his hounds. They barked like crazy and dashed up the stairs. Reich followed behind them.

You, the puppies and Canada were about to open a window to escape the building, but the hounds knocked the door down and surrounded you.

"Go, (Y/N). Take the puppies!" Canada ordered you to do so.

"What!? But-"

"I said go!" He bent down to grab Alostar, but he was interrupted.

"You two are not going anywhere!"

Third Reich entered the room with a smirk on his face. He spoke in German, and soon two hounds tackled Canada to the floor and kept him there, while the third hound scared the puppies into a corner.

The German walked toward you. Terrified, you pressed yourself against the wall and looked away. You had nowhere to go, you were stuck.

Grabbing your chin, Reich forced you to look at him. You trembled in fear as you looked into his eyes.

"I will offer you a deal." He said. "I will not kill Australia and Canada, and I will not erase any of their memories-including you and Deutschland-if you do one simple thing for me.~"

"Wh-what is it...?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small ring.

"Marry me and never betray or leave me.~"

...

"Make the right choice, reader if you want your friends to live. Or would you rather them perish? :)"

[Accept the offer]

[Decline the offer]