Chapter 8

I stared at my hands as I coughed and gasped for oxygen.

The glass around my container had mysteriously lowered, causing the liquid inside to pour out and the wires to disconnect from my body.

My soul was back where it belonged, in my body, but something about it felt quite off.

I raised my hand and touched my right eye, then my forehead.

"No...this can't be!"

I got up onto my feet in a panic and rushed over to a big and shiny piece of metal.

In my reflection, I could see that my eye and a portion of my forehead and cheek was replaced with many varieties of metals.

"I'm a...cyborg..."

I pulled back my sleeves, which revealed many stitches, scars, and scratches.

"What did they do to me? Why did they do this to me?"

The room lit up in red as the alarms flared and rang a loud noise into the surrounding area.

Another tank's glass had lowered, and another body fell onto the floor below.

I dropped down onto my knees beside them and pressed my fingers up against their neck to feel for a pulse.

They were alive.

Picking them up bridal style, I sprinted out of the room we were in and entered another, where I set them down and listened for any enemies.

Indeed, a few seconds later, running footsteps could be heard going into the other room.

"Shit, two of the bodies are missing!"

"Third Reich isn't going to like hearing about this!"

"Shut up and go find them! They couldn't have gone out too far!"

"Yessir!"

The team disbursed and each guard headed into different sections of the building and checked every room.

I dragged my unconscious partner over behind a machine, then hid in the corner nearest to the door.

The guard burst into the room and glanced to their right, but before they could even turn their head to look at me, I jumped them and kicked the door shut with my foot.

I was slammed against the walls multiple times, knocking down and breaking pieces of machinery and equipment, but I refused to let go.

Soon enough, I managed to knock out my enemy with their gun without having to shoot them.

I stuffed the gun into my pocket and went over to where I dragged my partner.

I crouched down in front of them and threw them over my shoulder, quickly exiting the room and rushing up to the roof of the tall building.

On my way up, I stumbled upon a few Guards, but I got through them without much trouble.

I also saw Spain being chased by FBI, but I ignored them and continued ascending the stairs.

Finally reaching my destination, I looked over the ledge and jumped off, landing on the humongous wall which surrounded and secured the facility from any outsiders.

I hit the grass on the other side of the wall and ran away from the area as fast as I could.

I did not want to get caught.

...

It's been about five hours since I have escaped from Third Reich's facility.

My partner still hasn't woken up, and now I am starting to get really worried.