Chapter 4

"Sir, I got some new information about the takeover."

I spun around in my chair.

"Is it good news or bad news?"

"It is a little bit of both."

"Hmm...go on."

"Our team has been spying on Third Reich and his kingdom for a month now. Just yesterday, it was discovered that there were still some survivors."

"Survivors? How?"

"It seems that they had escaped death, but also escaped the clutches of the evil German."

"I see. Do you have more news?"

"Yesterday New Zealand learned the truth about who Third Reich really is and is now on the run. He was rescued by Weimar and East Germany before Reich could erase his memories. Lastly, China's dead body was found near a house just an hour ago. His body was split into two, and many of his organs seemed to have gone missing. It was assumed that the evil king himself had found him and killed him."

"We can't let any more countries die, and neither can we let the survivors get caught. Many of us are becoming really scared and worried. Soon, if things do not go well, Third Reich will move on to taking over our land. He has already tried to three times, but has failed. He doesn't know that we exist, and is confused as to how he is being defeated. But now that he knows about the survivors and is focused on them, this can buy us some time to devise up a plan, stock up in supplies, and travel to their land, where we can aid them in battle and help them take their land back."

"Would you like me to send any orders to the team?"

"Yes, tell them to stay close to the surviving countries and organizations. I want the team to help them in any way possible without getting spotted. If they want to reveal themselves, then that is fine, but I do not recommend doing so."

"Got it, sir. Anything else?"

"Deliver more supplies to them. I recently got a call saying that they needed a restock."

"Okay, I will make sure they get their supplies delivered to them."

"Good! You are dismissed."

"Before I leave, sir, I want to ask you something."

"Yes?" I raised an nonexistent eyebrow.

"It has been many years now, centuries even. Why haven't we revealed ourselves to the countries? Why did you decide to hide us away?"

I sighed, leaning back against my chair.

"It wasn't my decision, it was someone else's. When I took over this role as leader, I was simply told to hide our people away from the world and 'the right time will come for us to make our entry into the outside world, just wait.' Honestly, I thought about not following what they said, but I ended up doing so anyway. I feel like the time for us to show ourselves is not here yet, so that is why I ask for everyone to stay in the shadows and to not get seen or caught."

"I see, very well. Have a nice day, sir!"

I watched as my secretary left my room with her clipboard and pen in hand.

She shut the door behind her, flashing a quick smile at me before doing so.

---

New Zealand dipped his feet into the water, sitting on the grass beside the dock.

After taking a small nap, he had gotten up and eaten with everyone around a campfire and wandered off.

It was around one or two in the afternoon, since the sun was slowly starting to set.