Chapter 28

A monstrous screech caught our attention as we made it onto the top of the wall. I looked back at the buildings in shock, fearing that Third Reich had found out I escaped from his clutches with his cursed chest full of valuable souls he kept.

I said I would free Germany from his prison once I had gotten out of the situation I was in, but England refused to risk it. He said that he would free him once I got somewhere safe. He knew what I was going through right now, and at any moment I could start to vomit.

England lowered the chest onto the grass below with a rope and tied the end he held to a metal pole. He gestured for me to go first, but I shook my head. I have never gone down a rope before and I'm scared.

He told me that everything was going to be fine. He handed me a pair of gloves and told me to put them on. I nodded and listened to him, putting on the gloves. He told me to slide down slowly, hold onto the rope tight but not too tight, that way I won't slide down too quickly.

I took in a deep breath and grabbed onto the rope. I sat down on the stone and looked at the ground. It was so far down, but I had to go in order to flee this place.

I started to lower myself, slowly inching myself toward the edge when England let out a scream. I whipped my head around and saw that a black spike had penetrated his shoulder. Another one stabbed straight through his arm a few seconds later.

"Go! Go!"

I jumped down and grasped the rope tight, but not too tight. Slowly, I began to get closer and closer to the ground. I glanced up and saw that England was about to jump and grab the rope to slide down with me, but a big black blur passed by, and in less than a second, he was gone along with the blur.

I gasped and let go of the rope by accident. I dropped towards the ground fast. I tried taking the rope back into my hands, but I was scooped up into somebody's arms.

I looked up at the person and realized that it was Reich. He was already looking at me but with an angered facial expression. I knew what was coming up next.

Once we landed back onto the balcony, he put me back on my feet. I backed away from him out of fear, but he snatched my wrists and growled.

"We had a deal! You agreed to never betray or leave me and what did you decide to do!?" I could see the raging fire in his eyes. He was not happy at all. "It's punishment time, and you won't like what I have in store for you."

In a panic, I kicked him in the balls, but it had no effect on him. He grew angrier and without warning he picked me up bridal style. He shot himself up into the air and unfolded his wings.

He flew us over to another building and brought me to a door, which opened up on its own. He carried me down the staircase and soon we reached the bottom.

The door in front of us provided a key card and a code. Reich scanned his key card and typed in a passcode. It opened, revealing a hallway going left and right, and another one in front of us. He turned to the right, and as he walked, I noticed the different hallways that lead to cells.

At the end of the hallway, he turned to the left and entered another hallway. I heard whispering, instantly recognizing where I was.

I saw a head poke out of one of the cells. It was KKK. If he was here, that meant that the rest of my friends were here too.

Reich put me down and forced me onto my knees.

"I want you to look over here." He said, pointing to the cells which contained only the states.

I gulped and obeyed his command, and in a flash, huge spikes grew from the ground and stabbed through each state's chests. Blood splat everywhere.

Texas, Minnesota-they were all gone. Every single state here, dead.

Third Reich took a step forward and crouched down in front of you, grabbing you by the collar of your shirt.

"Would you like that to happen to the other countries? To Germany?" I shook my head rapidly. "Then you best behave, or else."

He let go of you and picked you up bridal style once more. He got up onto his feet.

I stared at the body of Texas. Her hat had fallen off and was now resting on the floor. A cigarette was also on the floor along with a lighter.

Third Reich started to walk away from the cells. He looked down at me.

"Our wedding is tomorrow. I have decided to make it a day earlier. The preparations are all done."

I mentally screamed.

The wedding was tomorrow!?

No, I have to find a way to postpone it.

I can't marry him! I can't marry a monster!

Tears formed in the corners of my eyes.

"Aw, don't cry liebling.~ We'll be such a nice and happy family! Me, you, and our wonderful children!"

"Ch-children?"

"Oh, meine Liebe, you really thought that we were only going to be having one?~"

"No! No! I am not marrying you, and neither will I raise children with you!" I lifted my hands up and dug my thumbs into his eye sockets. Sure, it was disgusting, but he screamed loudly and let me go.

I stood up and rushed over to my friends. I had already grabbed the keys from Reich's pockets. I unlocked their doors and set them free. UN scooped me up and led the way out as Third slowly recovered.

UN turned the corner and immediately stopped in his tracks.

In front of him stood a seven foot creature and NATO.

I tilted my head at the tall creature. As soon as I realized who it was, my mouth dropped open.

Australia took a step toward his brother.

"Canada!?"