Chapter 12

I lay my back upon the large pillows leaning against the wall behind me. After walking out in the wilderness for a couple of days, I was glad that I finally got to group up with my friends again. I am grateful that Germany had chosen to go toward the right direction, or else we would have been out there all alone.

The newly found allies that the organizations and the countries had met with were really nice. As soon as they realized that I was here, they immediately got to work preparing a room for me and Germany inside one of the cabins. It's strange since it seemed like they already knew who I was. I had many questions, which I really wanted answers to.

Texas entered my room about an hour ago and explained everything. Apparently, the states have existed for a long time now, and ever since the countries had arrived, they have been monitoring everything. However, after a while, they quit doing so because of certain reasons, which Texas did not mention.

When the states heard about Third Reich's uprising, their community instantly got onto the case. They watched from behind the scenes, hoping that the Nazi would be taken down, but sadly, the result they were hoping for was the complete opposite. The states panicked, not knowing what to do until their leader suggested going to help the survivors of the take over. I still had plenty of more questions to ask her, but I decided to ignore those for now and move on with my day.

As soon as she finished her explanations, she made her way toward the door, telling me that she had a ton of work to do. She opened the door to leave, but was greeted by Germany standing on the other side of the door with his hand out about to grab the doorknob.

Before leaving, Texas waved at him, then rounded the corner and disappeared to the right. Germany took a step into the room and gently shut the door behind him before making his way to me. Ever since then, Germs and I have been cuddling in bed and getting some rest.

It was now less than an hour before the clock struck twelve, and I was currently strolling around the area with Germany. He refuses to leave my side, fearing that something may happen if he takes his eyes off of me. I have to admit, he has become a lot more protective than he previously was. I am not complaining at all, honestly I kind of like that he is acting this way.

"You worry way too much, Germs. I can run on a road with bumps and poles in the way and I'd be fine. I'd just need to watch my footing and dodge the poles, that's it."

"Yes, I may worry a little too much, but it is for your and our child's safety. I simply want to keep you both out of and protect you from any sort of danger." He explained.

I sighed and stopped in my tracks. Germany did the same, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close. He used his free hand to tuck a piece of my hair on the back of my ear.

"Besides, I don't want to lose you, neither of you." He glanced down at my baby bump. "You mean so much to me. If I lost you-"

"I know," I smiled up at him. "I know."

We rested our foreheads against each other and closed our eyes, letting the sounds of nature overtake the silence. The wind blew against our skin and clothing, which sent a chill down our spines.

---

Later on in the day, I sat upon the mattress of the bed in my room as many of my countryhuman friends were visiting to come and chat about the baby and about plans to defeat Third Reich.

In one particular point in the conversation, Spain asked one question which everyone wanted to know the answer to.

"Speaking of Third Reich and his cursed chest full of souls, how did you two get out of it?"

I looked over at Germany.

"Do you remember?"

"All I remember is you fading away as we were talking to Indo and Mal, then afterwards myself." The German explained.

I turned back to Spain.

"What do you mean you faded away?" He questioned.

"When our souls were trapped within the chest, each of us were transferred into different worlds where we experienced our worst fears. Some of us were together in pairs, such as me and Germany." I described in as much detail as I could. "However, we managed to somehow break free from our world, and ended up in a white space. Left, right, up, and down, wherever you looked it would be white."

Spain began to pace back and forth across the room.

"Interesting...did you manage to break others free from their worlds?"

I nodded. "Germany and I found pieces of papers hanging from strings. We tore them off and in a matter of seconds, people would be falling from the sky."

"I never knew that one object could hold so much power." FBI said, actually quite surprised.

"Me neither." Spain pauses. "I know we already agreed on this, but the souls are definitely our main priority now."

"Did you have some doubts?" UN asked.

"Yes, I did, but now that I was told this information, most of my doubts are gone."

"How so?" EU leaned forward on his seat and placed his arms on his thighs.

"I have a theory, but it is quite complex. However, to put it into simple terms..." FBI stands up from his seating position and exits the room as Spain spoke about his theory.

I witnessed him leave, and I got curious as to why. It was really suspicious of him to do so, since he was also acting sus as he left the room. He looked around the room and slowly made his way out. It seemed like he didn't want anybody noticing him leave.

Germany seemed to notice too, since he placed his hand on my shoulder and whispered to me that he was going to send someone to follow him. I told him not to, and it took a bit of arguing, but eventually I convinced him not to. Instead, I told him to keep an eye on FBI.

Whatever he was up to did not seem good.