19

PoV: Sonic

"Hm?" I woke up and looked around, Scourge was missing from the bed as usual.

  I wonder what he does all day.

"Sonic," I flinched as Scourge came back in, "Good, you're up. Come on."

"Eh? Wait, what are you doing?" He picked me up and brought me into the bathroom, "Wait let me go! I can walk! Scourge!"

---

  What the hell is this? He had dressed me again. This time he had me in something fancier.

"What is this?" I looked at him as he had me in front of the closet mirror. He had put me into a deep green dress with intricate gold designs around the waist and trim of the dress.

"Your gown for today," he started brushing through my quills, taking them down from their usual style.

"Why am I wearing a dress again?" This is way fancier than the ones I have. Huh?  The price tag was nowhere but the small one by the neck of the dress was starting to bug me, "Wait, this doesn't feel good."

"What is it, what's bothering you," Scourger looked around, I grabbed his hand and put it over the tag.

"The tag is itchy..." I looked away.

"Really? I didn't know you could feel it through your fur," he waved a maid from outside the closet and they removed the tag without damaging the dress.

"I can always feel then... it doesn't matter if it's my winter coat or spring coat. They always poke through my fur," I hadn't thought it was that weird.

"Then be sure the maids remove any tag that bothers you," He went back to brushing my quills.

"Why am I in a dress again?" I repeated the question from before.

"You asked that earlier. I'm being forced to put on a party to put you on display. I planned to keep you hidden for as long as possible, but it seems word of our marriage has spread. The leaders I'm allied with want nothing more than to meet the woman who is going to share my fortune. And for that, they required a party. Some of the less-known gangs will probably want a look as well. I'll need to keep you heavily guarded," he held a chain over my neck. It was a small gold chain, with a small droplet pearl hanging from it.

  I'll see other gang leaders... but if I'm guarded I won't be able to successfully arrest anyone. Damn it. This would have been the perfect opportunity to catch as many as possible- No... without a team, I can only arrest one at a time. They could kill me in a heartbeat. It would have been way too risky.

"I've never been to a fancy party. How do you know I won't embarrass you in front of everyone?" I stared at the necklace for a bit. It was the complete opposite of the ring he bought for the wedding.

"You won't. You're too well-behaved for that. Do you like it?" He hugged my waist.

"It's nice..." It's a single pearl, Wait how expensive was this thing?

"I'm glad you like it. Now then," He suddenly unzipped the dress and put me in a sundress instead, "The maids will do your fur and makeup later. The party isn't until dinner, but this isn't just my party now is it? You're helping set up. You can be in this dress until the party starts. I'd feel safer with you in a dress until the end of the party. The green one is going to be dry cleaned."

"Why did you put it on me earlier?" I tied my quills back since he undid them.

"I wanted to see you in it first. And to be sure it fit properly. I won't need to take you to a tailor after all," he kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand, "Wash up and meet me downstairs. I'll take you to the room for the party."

"R-right..." I walked to the bathroom and went through my routine. I took a moment while I was alone to text my boss about the party.

Come on, if I have back up we could catch them-

  I waited patiently for his reply.

"Yeah, we can't arrest people for having a party without illegal drugs. Sorry🤪"

"What kinda response is that!" I snapped, "Fine!"

"If I can confirm the use of drugs send everyone!"

  I stuck my phone back into my pocket and stepped out. I walked downstairs and Scourge was waiting for me like he said he would.

"Let's get everything ready," he took my hand.

"Yeah..."

  A party with a bunch of gangsters...

  I can't help feeling terrified of what they're like up close.

~~~