43

PoV: Scourge

"Where's Sonic?" I radioed my guards.

"Feeding Tails in the master bedroom," Knuckles answered.

"Thank you," I had finished my preparations. It was my turn to clean up and dress for this dinner.

  I have a feeling this evening is going to be stressful.

I found my door locked as I walked up to my room. I took out my key and quickly unlocked the door with a Click! From the key.

  I found the most beautiful site I'd ever seen... the sun glistening off my wife and son. Sonic was still on only a towel and Miles was feeding.

"Scourge..." his face suddenly went red, "I'm not ready yet!"

"I can see that," I chuckled and shut the door behind me, "You need clothes before we leave."

"Yeah," he avoided eye contact.

"What exactly were you thinking of?" I pulled off his towel.

"Hey!" I pulled them closer as Sonic yelped, "I'm embarrassed you jerk. The door was locked for privacy!"

"No need to be embarrassed around your husband," I nuzzled into his neck and kissed him.

"... Scourge I-"

I?

"Hello, Boss. Mistress, I've come to watch Tails. Rosie sent me," A maid came in, "You two only have an hour before you must leave. Neither of you are dressed. You must hurry."

"Right," Sonic got up and set Tails into his crib, "I'll be in the closet, okay Scourge?"

"Yeah. I'll take a quick shower," Sonic never finished that sentence... It felt like he was trying to say something important.

  Sonic was dressed and he had some subtle makeup applied just before we left, though the lip stick was more tinted than usual. Sonic was still worried about leaving Tails alone a second time. Eventually, we were able to leave with the agreement that Sonic would receive a photo of Miles every thirty minutes until we returned.

---

"Welcome, Scourge Hedgehog," There was a butler sent out to our car in order to take us inside, "And My Lady Hedgehog."

  I could see guards from the corners of my eyes hidden around us. I often caught them talking into their ear pieces. Sonic grabbed my hand, squeezing it as we continued walking in.

"Are you feeling alright?" I whispered to him.

"Y-yeah... just anxious like usual. Just... could you stay close to me?" He pulled my hand closer to him, "I don't want us to be separated."

"Of course," I felt the wedding ring he picked out on his finger as we walked. He's been wearing it every day lately. Not just for show when guests are over.

"Scourge of the Destructix, welcome. I must admit, I wasn't certain you'd arrive at all," There he was. One of the largest and most influential crime lords in the world. Doom.

The guy was massive and looked like a dark creature, not from Mobius. Some people considered him a devil. I considered him a bit of an inspiration.

"When you're invited by one of the world's greatest minds. You must not deny such an offer," I felt Sonic's hand trembling, "Lord Doom. I'd like you to meet the love of my life. My wife, Sonic."

"Your wife certainly has an interesting name. Sonic," Doom waved his hand and butlers quickly arrived to pull out two seats for us. Directly next to doom.