36

PoV: Sonic

"Can't we take a break yet? We've been shopping for hours," I groaned. They picked me up so early... I'm still sleepy...

"You've hardly bought anything. We can't stop until we have a successful haul for you too," Wave replied, "So until you have another full bag, we aren't stopping."

  Seriously... these girls are going to kill me. I whined to myself as they dragged me across the plaza. We weren't even in the mall anymore. Now we were walking around town.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Get down!" Knuckles grabbed me and brought me low to the ground.

"Another turf war?" I recognized those sounds. The wild fighting and laughter, "It's not Scourge's group."

  Scourge's colors weren't being worn. It was another gang entirely. I reached for my bag with my handcuffs and badge, but Knuckles pinned my hands before I could do anything.

"I know what you're thinking, but you're not going," he whispered and picked me up.

"Hey! I walk on my own-mm!" He covered my mouth and all of us were escorted out and away from the battle. I can't just do nothing. All I've been doing is nothing.

"I'm going to kill Jet, he completely ruined our day out!" Wave whined.

"Tell Jet to keep things low profile. He almost hurt all of us," Knuckles set me down but didn't let me out of arms reach.

"I don't want to be around this if I can't steal jewelry. Let's go, we can hang out at my place," Rouge had grabbed all the bags so we didn't lose them.

"Knuckles, we should go," I grabbed him, "I could at least-"

"Absolutely not. You're not putting your life at risk," Knuckles pulled me away from the fight, "I'm going to take Sonic home. She has too high of a tendency to get herself into trouble-"

Bang! Bang! Bang! There were more gunshots again. I pulled my hand away and ran from him the second his grip loosened.

"Sonic!"

  I ducked down and kept hidden. It's been so long. I need to arrest someone. I can hardly call myself a cop if I don't help protect the civilians. I can't just let people get hurt.

  Other officers had started gathering to break up the fight. I hid behind a car and pulled the handcuffs from my bag.

"Help," a woman with a shall hiding her face ran up to me, "Get me away..."

"Yeah," I put the cuffs back and pulled her away from the fight, back towards Knuckles.

"Hey!" Someone shouted at us and aimed their gun.

"Run!" She pulled me and we both ran off to hide. Bang! They shot and we ducked.

"Are you hurt?" I asked as we got away.

"Please, they won't stop..." she opened her shall and there was a baby in her arm.

"I'll get you somewhere safe. I can help-"

"No... Please, raise him for me. They'll kill him if you don't protect him-"

"You slut! Get back here!" We heard an extremely angry shout from nearby.

"Sonic, you idiot get back here," Knuckles grabbed me and started carrying me away.

"No! Let go-"

Bang!