PoV: 3rd Person

  Gunshots were heard throughout the city. It was another gang fight. The citizens knew this sound all too well. They strayed from the windows and doors. They hid their children in closets and grabbed their own guns to defend their families. The police were already on the grounds to try and stop the largest fight yet. One officer had just joined the day before and was terrified. He had just transferred from a small town and it was his first time in the big city.

"Sonic, get a hold of yourself!" The chief of police snapped at the young officer, "You need to control the fight!"

"R-Right..." the small hedgehog tried standing, a stray bullet grazed his cheek, "I don't think I can..." he ducked down again. It was too dangerous for anyone to go in without being hit by a bullet.

"We need them to stop shooting," the chief said.

  The little hedgehog looked around, it was his first day on the job and he was scared... but he needed to stop the fighting. He looked around for anything he could use. Sonic crawled back behind a car and loaded a bean bag gun. He aimed at a green hedgehog who was firing the most bullets. The hedgehog had never been good with guns... his hands shakily took aim and he fired. The sound of the bag gun hurting his ears from being so close to him. The bag flew through the air. It missed the green hedgehog, grazing his gun instead. That one hit made the war halt as they realized the police hadn't allied with either side yet.

"Y-you're all under arrest!" Sonic stuttered as he held the bag gun in his hands.

"Look, the cops sent out the pipsqueak!" They laughed as he failed to assert dominance. One pair of blue eyes in particular found the small cop to be amusing.

"You're all under arrest for disturbing the peace!" The rest of the cops ran out and arrested as many fighters as they could. Both gang leaders escaped unharmed. Only a few arrests were made, and Sonic made sure the civilians were unharmed. The gangs went quiet for several days afterward.

--- The Next Week ---

"Cheif," one of the secretaries came into the chief of police's, "We got him to come in."

"You don't mean it," the chief was in shock. The mission he had been on was to get the leader of the Destructix; the most violent gang in the city. Their leader was a man named Scourge, he showed his face often but never sat down to talk unless he wanted to. If he wanted to talk, it was either a deal or death. He wasn't known to be serious, but when he was it sent chills.

"Where's the rookie?" The Chief shouted as he began to head out to meet with the fearsome Scourge.

"Here Sir!" Sonic stood up, he was known as the rookie being the least experienced.

"You're coming with me as my guard," he waved Sonic over and Sonic followed. The blue hedgehog had no details of the location they were going, but he did as told, "Do not make any moves unless I say to."

"Yes Sir," Sonic continued walking beside the chief.

  And there before him was Scourge, leader of the Destructix.

~~~