21

PoV: Sonic

He really meant it when he said heavily guarded.

I couldn't even use the restroom without three guards at least, following me. The party hadn't started yet and he was guarding me more than a public official.

"Ready?" Scourge met me by the front door and took my hand.

"Y-yeah," I clenched the side of my dress as two maids opened the doors.

There were so many fancy cars and limousines that I had never seen in person before. There were men in suits and women in fancy dresses everywhere. Scourge squeezed my hand and waved. Is he... nervous? I took a deep breath and waved. I thought of every action movie with a fancy party scene I had every watched. Here goes nothing.

"Welcome everyone, I hope you enjoy this evening's party," I stepped aside and waved my hand inside. I think I did that right.

"You did that perfectly," Scourge whispered to me.

"I had no idea what to say," I whispered back.

"Is this your new bride?" A couple came up to me. The man grabbed my hand, "She is an absolute vision," he kissed my hand, "Pleasure to meet you, my dear."

"Honey," his female companion looked annoyed, "Don't forget your own fiancee now."

"Of course not darling," they started walking inside. I heard him mutter to her, "Are you trying to fuck up my deal with him? For now, his wife is the prettiest, you need to respect that or we're dead on the street."

They're afraid of us...

"Scourge, it's been some time since the last party you hosted. I'm quite excited. You had a wonder spread of sushimi last time," another man came up to us. He shook hands with Scourge.

"I'll be happy to let you know I got another sushi caterer, this one is supposed to be grade-A fish only. I do hope you enjoy it," Scourge welcomed him.

He shows no signs of fear, and Scourge is polite now. He must be a bigger gang leader.

"That sounds like it was worth skipping lunch over. And this lovely lady, she must be your new wife," he held out his hand and I took it.

"Yes, this is Sonic. She is my wonderful wife," Scourge introduced me. Thanks but who is he?

"It's nice to meet you, I do hope you enjoy the party," I greeted him. He lifted my hand and began fiddling with my ring.

"Scourge, honestly. A lady deserves a real diamond. I cannot believe you bought her a white sapphire ring," the purple-furred man was about to pull off my ring.

"Wait don't take it off," I wanted to pull my hand away.

"Sir Fang, Sonic actually picked out the rings herself. She really loves white sapphire. She finds it to be more beautiful than a diamond," Scourge took my hand from him and kissed my ring, "She even insisted that we wear matching rings," Scourge showed off his own ring, "It's quiet adorable."

"Is that so? How modest of you my dear. May I check the quality one last time?" He took my hand again, "Now, for white sapphire the cut is exquisite. It could fool any untrained eye that is was a low-quality diamond. But you picked a fine gemstone ring pair."

"Thank you, Sir," I finally got my hand back.

"Now then, I would love to partake in your party," he walked inside and I felt like I had just been interrogated. This is the most terrifying party of my life.

  There wasn't a single guy who didn't kiss my hand. Women I tried to shake hands with avoided touching me. It was like every girl was jealous of the compliments I got. I don't get girls at all. Maybe I should compliment them, they might be feeling left out.

"Sonic, let's go enjoy our party," Scourge brought me inside once most of the guests were in.

"You two look like a lovely pair," a woman approached us, "Scourge, you don't mind if I bring your wife in to mingle with the other girls do you?"

"Not at all," Scourge took my shoulders and guided me towards her. He leaned into my ear, "Go on. This will be a great opportunity for you. Next time the boys bring their girls you'll have people to be friends with. You can take my card and go on a shopping spree."

"But-" I didn't know any of these women.

"Go, it's alright. You're supposed to enjoy the party," he vanished into the crowd and I was brought towards the other girls.

"Don't worry Dear. We just wanna get to know you. You can call me Connie. Its Sonic right?" She kept her hand on my back as we walked over to one of the couches.

"Y-yeah..." I had no idea how to interact with her.

"Girls, I brought in the newbie," Connie sat me down on the empty couch right beside her and the other girls cheered while holding drinks, "We'll be having lots of fun tonight!"

"Y-yeah," I cracked a smiled as best I could.

Scourge, what do I do?!

~~~