49

PoV: Sonic

"H-hey!" Connie had come into the bathroom while I was using it. I quickly sat down to finish before she noticed. She was still half asleep and most likely hungover as she grabbed her toothbrush, "Connie... I'm kinda busy at the moment..."

"Hm? You've gotta cute butt," she smiled and handed me my toothbrush, "We're girls it's fine."

"It's still embarrassing," I took my toothbrush and brushed since I couldn't get up until I finished.

"Hey Sonic," Connie rinsed her mouth as she finished, "You want to take a shower with me~?"

"No thanks," I pulled up my pants and rinsed my mouth after washing my hands, "I'm not really into that kinda stuff unless it's with Scourge."

"Oh~ So you've done it in the shower then?" She smirked.

"A few times... It's not the most comfortable. We mostly stick to the bed. Anyway, I'll get ready now, bye," I left the bathroom quickly before she tried anything.

"Are you alright?" Knuckles asked as I got dressed before Conquering Storm fi wished showering. I applied some light makeup and found a gift in my luggage that I hadn't packed.

"Yeah, I just wasn't expecting her to come in like that," I read the tag, it was from Scourge, "When did he slip this into my bag?" I opened the present and it was a beautiful leather satchel, "It's gorgeous..."

I tried it on and adjusted it to my size. When I opened it I found another note inside.

Enjoy your vacation, Babe. I've been waiting to give you this, I thought this was just the right time. Let me know how you like it.

"Aww... Scourge, I gotta send him a picture," I jumped off the bed and ran to the mirror. I tried a few poses with the bag and settled on one where I was holding the note by my lip while looking back and the bag rested on my hip. I sent it with a big thank you.

"Your bag is gorgeous, I'm jealous~ How come you've never brought it out before?" Connie stepped out of the shower wearing just a towel.

"Scourge hid it in my luggage all wrapped in paper. It was a surprise," I packed a few essentials into the new satchel and soon Connie was dressed, made up, and we met the girls in the lobby.

"That bag is the prettiest I've ever seen! Where'd you get it?" Wave and Rouge were all over the bag too.

Rouge wound up recognizing the logo, and it turned out it was an expensive luxury bag that was worth way more than I'd spent on my own life insurance. I felt anxious after that. Gripping the straps of the bag each time I got a compliment.

  We mostly went shopping, during which I found Scourge swapped my own card with a card I'd only seen in movies. It was a gold credit card with a note that said I could spend 100,000 if I wanted to. What the hell is wrong with him?! I know he's rich but at least save some of the money for emergencies.

"Your husband sure knows how to spoil a gal," Rouge teased as I looked around for souvenirs.

"I keep telling him he doesn't have to he doesn't listen," I sighed.

"You're not the material type huh?" Wave looked through the shirts with me. I found a few funny shirts he would most likely never wear. Scourge dressed nicely, even at home.

"Not really. Honestly, my best memories with him were when he took me to this drive-in movie and we spent the night eating chili dogs and laughing. His doctor yelled at us the next morning cause I gave him a nosebleed," I laughed as I remembered our best date.