3

PoV: Sonic The Hedgehog 

  It was my first undercover mission... and the riskiest one our department was ever assigned.

"My face feels heavy..." I groaned as the girls plastered me with makeup.

"You need to look nice, like an actual woman," they put me in a dress and had me pack all sorts of gender-neutral or feminine clothes for the mission.

  Once I was ready we left for the meeting place. I wasn't entirely sure where that was, but the Destructix sent us a note as to where to meet. We drove to an empty street where I could see lots of people with guns at their sides. Members of Scourge's gang. Several had bandages and bruises from the battle last week. I held on tight to the suitcase full of my things. I was nervous, I was only hired a week ago and so much had happened. I was still only eighteen.

"Sonic, it'll be alright. You can get this mission done for us," the chief gave me a pat on my back, "You got the handcuffs on you?"

"Yeah, they're in my pocket..." I was lucky this dress had pockets. It was a tank white summer dress. I was honestly surprised at the amount of clothes we gathered on short notice. I just hoped I could get the job done.

"Good. You'll be getting a raise for this," the chief was trying to cheer me up, I wish it would work.

  The car slowed to a stop. We were in an empty warehouse. The other cops got out first, and I was told to stay in the car. I cracked the window to listen in.

"So, you finally made it Sherif," Scourge blew the smoke from his cigarette into the air, the smell repulsed me.

"It's Cheif, not Sherif. We found a girl willing to marry you, how about that," the chief stated.

"Really? Let me see her then," Scourge snapped his fingers.

"Hey girly," a fox girl opened the back door of the car behind me, "Time to come out."

  I looked back at the chief and he nodded. I stepped out of the car with the suitcase.

"Boys, why so rude? Take the girl's bag," Scourge climbed down from the stack of steel beams he had seated himself upon. My suitcase was taken from me and the girl pushed me forward, "You guys got me a nice looking one."

"I'm not an object," I growled.

"Oh I know," He got so close to me, putting his arm around my waist. My instincts were telling me to punch him and arrest him right now, but the guns and enemies around us told me it was too risky. I felt his hand slide up my chest, "Interesting."

"So, you get three years off your crimes and the girl. Now for your side of the deal," Cheif hadn't taken Scourge's attention off me yet. He took a deep puff of his cigarette and blew the smoke toward the chief.

"About that, I asked for a wife," he grabbed my cuffs from my pocket, and the next thing I knew I was handcuffed! "Not an undercover cop."

"Release me!" I snapped, crap, he figured it out!

"Let her go Scourge," the Chief aimed a gun out way, Scourge pulled me in front of him. Every other gun in the room was aimed at the chief.

"Not too bright are you chief?" Scourge covered my mouth, "This is the little cop you had guarding you. He's a cute girl, but I like him better when he's a stuttering mess."

  This asshole!

"If the deal is off kindly return Sonic back to us," Cheif put his gun away.

"Oh, the deal is far from off. This is the little one who shot the gun from my hands, I'm keeping him," He let my mouth go and wiped the lipstick from my lips, "You have your deal. So long as I'm married to pipsqueak here, my gang will not fight in public. You have one minute to leave Chief."

"Let me go," I tried to pull away, but it was no use, his grip was too strong.

"Sonic, hold on for as long as you can. You have the Destructix members off the streets, for now, you've saved the city," the chief and the other cops left. I was alone with the Destructix surrounding me.

"What's your name pipsqueak?" Scourge pulled me long to behind the iron beams.

"Sonic. And I'm not a pipsqueak," I could still complete the mission, I just needed to think how.

"You know, they got your gender wrong, but you're slender. They got that right," he tossed his cigarette aside and led me to a car. He made me go in first and then got in himself, "Take us home."

"Why did you ask for a wife?" I asked, it was the strangest request. I would have expected him to request freedom in drug trades or something along those terms.

"I didn't want a wife, I wanted you," he smiled, "And that idiot gave you right to me. No other hedgehogs are cops, that's a predator's job. Saying that I wanted someone of the same species was all it took to get you. Now I get to keep you."

  He had planned this, he was after me... I was in his hands now... The thought that he had played all of us to do what he wanted... terrified me.

  What have I been brought into...

~~~