14

PoV: Sonic

He sleeps in late too... I sighed as I was forced to lay in bed beside Scourge. I had my back turned towards him as I usually did. The curtain to the window was cracked, which meant the sun was shining right into my eyes. I was too sore to get up.

"Damn it," I grabbed the pillow under me and hid my face with it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that same feeling of sleep back. I was wide awake for the rest of the day.

"Sonic... come here..." Scourge grabbed me and pulled me onto his chest.

  I was too sore to fight him, I just groaned and stayed in place. He placed his left hand on my cheek while his right rested on my back. I felt something cold touch my cheek when he did that. I pulled his hand off my cheek, he was wearing a ring. I froze as I recognized the ring... it was from the wedding band exchange... He was still wearing the wedding ring from the wedding day.

  I looked at my own left hand, I had taken mine off after the wedding. I had no idea where it was now. He took my hands and held me tighter. I don't get why he's still wearing the ring. I'm going to divorce him after I arrest him...

  I managed to slip away after he started softly snoring again. I went to the bathroom and found the ring in the cabinet beside the mirror.

"Why would he buy such an expensive-looking one?" It was a silver ring with three large diamond-looking jewels on it. It also had a lot of little jewels around it. It wasn't to my taste at all, "I hope he can still return it."

"You don't like it?"

"AHH!" I jumped back and the ring fell out of my hands. My heart stopped as it fell into the drain, "Oh crap!"

"I thought you knew I was awake?" Scourge sighed and knelt. He looked under the cabinet and whistled. One of the maids came in as I sat down to relieve the pain I had.

"Yes sir?" She asked.

"Get me my red toolbox. I need to retrieve a lost ring," he said.

"I didn't mean to drop it... Sorry..." I wasn't even sure how much it cost.

"I just hope it didn't lose a diamond, the ring alone was almost two million," he sighed.

"Two... million..." IT COST THAT MUCH?!

"Doesn't really matter now. It's worthless if you don't like it. I'll have it returned immediately," he took the toolbox from the maid when she returned. The whole time he worked on the sink, I felt like I could see a sad look in his eyes. His eyes felt so cold and hopeless... lonely and disappointed... It all counteracted the smile he always gave me.

  My chest ached as I realized it was my fault. I made him look that way, all because I didn't like the ring.

  I know I don't like him but... why?

  I couldn't look him in the eye for the rest of the day. He sent the ring back with one of his guards. I didn't have a wedding ring anymore.

  Why does his expression feel so painful?

~~~