28

PoV: Sonic

"Do you enjoy shopping?" Scourge asked as we walked around the beach town.

"I'm not super excited about it. I kinda just like walking around and looking at everything. Although I'm sure if Rouge and Wave were here I'd never escape," I answered as I paid for a souvenir.

"Would you like to come back here with the girls? I'm sure they would love it," Scourge placed a bag of chips on the counter and paid.

"I think if I spend more than a day with them I'll be buried alive in stuff," I placed the wrapped souvenir into my bag.

"Where should we go now?" Scourge offered me the bag and I took a handful.

"Hmm... hey, the carnival looks fun," I noticed lights and rides from afar, "Let's go!"

"We'll ride every ride," Scourge followed me towards the carnival.

  When we arrived there was not much of a line. Do you have to pay for the rides individually? They're all really pricy too. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"Scourge, we can pick something else-"

"Two unlimited passes please," he was already ordering?!

"Okay. That'll be 231.45 please," So expensive!!!

"Here," he attached the bracelet to my arm, "Now you have access to everything as many times as you want."

"But Scourge... that was-"

"Come on, the roller-coaster looks fun," he pulled me out of the line and into the line for the coaster. He already bought the bracelet. Might as well enjoy it. I'll go on every ride so it doesn't go to waste.

"Yeah! They go on rides until they close!" It was fun all day long.

  I ate popcorn and cotton candy. They even had chili dogs! Every ride was a rush and fun.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Scourge started dragging me toward the haunted house.

"Why don't we do the drop tower instead," I'd do that over this.

"You don't like the drop tower, I'll be with you the whole time. Come on," he pulled me inside and held my hand as we started walking, "It's creepy, they did a good job."

"Y-yeah... Ahh!" I felt something grabbed my leg.

"Gotcha," Scourge pulled me close, that smug on his face.

"This was just some plan to get me to hug you, wasn't it? Let go!" I pushed him off me.

"You caught me. But you're not scared anymore, right?" He laughed and kept walking.

"Tsk... that's just because you piss me off," I stayed close to him and I saw a hand moving. Jump scares are so not my thing.

"I didn't imagine you to be this scared for a cop-"

  My mouth was covered and I was pulled away. No! I thought they weren't allowed to grab us this way?!

"Hands off!" I freed myself and kicked back whoever was behind me. It was someone in a corpse costume, "Scourge- huh?" I was in a completely different area, "Wait... where's the exit? Hey, how do I get out of here?"

  I grabbed the guy by the shirt but she was completely unconscious. There was mist appearing on the ground.

"You're kidding... I knocked out the cast?! Hey! I want to leave... let me... out... ugh..." I sat down against the wall, I was so dizzy all of a sudden.

"Everyone, please use the emergency exists. A gas leak has been detected. All cast members please help to escort our guests. This is not a drill. Please go to the nearest emergency exit. I repeat..."

"Hey... get up... we need... to... go.." I was losing my strength.

  Shit... I'm trapped... in the gas...

"... ..Scourge..."

PoV: Scourge

"I didn't imagine you'd be this scared for a cop, you're always getting mad- Sonic? Sonic!" I called for him, but he wasn't behind me anymore, "Damn it, I shouldn't have let his hand go. Sonic! Where'd you go?"

  Why isn't he answering? Where is he?

"Everyone, please use the emergency exists. A gas leak has been detected. All cast members please help to escort our guests. This is not a drill. Please go to the nearest emergency exit. I repeat..."

"A gas leak?" I hadn't smelt any gas at all.

"Sir, come with me to the exit please," a cast member came out of hiding.

"Where's my wife? She was with me," I didn't want to leave without Sonic.

"I'm sure she was escorted. You should be able to find her outside. Please come with me," they started leading me out. I smelt something familiar as we passed a door. The fog was leaking under it, "Sir?"

"In here!" I kicked the door open, someone was unconscious on the ground.

"Ah! The leak?!" The cast member opened the phone and made a call.

"Laughing gas?" I covered my mouth and held my breath. No one else was inside, it was only a cast member.

  I was forced out of the building and monitored because I was in direct contact with the gas. No matter how many times I dialed his phone, Sonic didn't answer. Something was wrong... he wouldn't disappear. Something happened.

"Scourge," Knuckles came up to me and handed me Sonic's phone, "This was all I found. I should have kept a closer eye on him..."

"It's not your fault. I dragged him in there," I took the phone, there was nothing I could do without some kind of hint, "And I forgot to buy you a pass to go inside. You were forced to wait because I was stupid.

"I'll continue searching," Knuckles left and I stayed behind.

  Sonic, you better be nearby.

~~~

04/28/2022

  Oh no! Sonic's gone missing?! What will Scourge do now? Where did he go? Did he finally escape his marriage or was it something else?

Find out soon! Love yall!

Bye bye~ 😚😚😚