35

PoV: Sonic

°•••°

"Hmm... I love you," Scourge was snuggling with me.

"I know... You say I all the time- huh?" I wasn't with Scourge... I was in bed alone, "Scourge? Where'd you go?"

"I love you to~" I heard a woman's voice...

"Scourge? Hey... who are you talking to?" I got out of bed and opened the door. Scourge was still talking to the women. I heard them coming from the living room. Why is he saying I love you? Why is he saying that to her? She's gotta be family or something. An aunt or cousin. Maybe his mom-

  It felt like everything else went dark... in a spotlight before me... he was kissing a woman... in a wedding dress...

  O-oh... not his mom...

"Oh, Darling who is this?" She stopped, pulling him away from me.

"My ex-husband. No one important," Scourge looked away...

"Ex... husband? I... I don't understand... you're remarrying?" I couldn't stop my hand from trembling.

"Of course he would you bitch!" The woman turned and snapped at me revealing her face... Fiona... "You made him sign the divorce papers even though he begged you not to! You can't even remember the sadness you put him through! All for the sake of your mission. You're a terrible officer..."

"N... no... I mean... I had a mission to complete... I... I didn't have a choice... I..." I suddenly had the signed divorce paperwork in my hand.

"You just arrested me like you wanted..." I froze as we were suddenly in a jail cell... they... "You couldn't hurt me enough when you left me."

"...no... I... I-I..."

°•••°

"I didn't want this!" I couldn't stop crying.

"Sonic?!" Scourge... he was here... he had grabbed me and was suddenly holding me in his arms, "What the hell happened? What?" He started rubbing my back, "Why are you crying? I just went to pee. I thought you were still sleeping."

"I can't tell you..." wiped my eyes, it was morning.

"What?! Why not? Sonic! What happened? You were sleeping a second ago!"

"I'm not telling you!" Pushed him off me, "Go pee! Let me be sad in bed!" I pulled the blanket back over me.

"Hey! Hello no! Come here," he pulled me into his arms again and kissed me... Idiot... that's not... helping me... He wiped my eyes and wrapped the blanket around me. Holding me in a tight bundle. My crying finally stopped, "Stop whining and tell me what's wrong. I'm your husband you idiot."

... Scourge... you asshole... don't look at me... he was looking down at me with a crooked smile... don't look so obviously worried... I can't get mad if you aren't smiling like it's a joke...

"... I had a nightmare... that's all... I'm fine," I answered, suddenly calm and embarrassed...

"Okay, what happened in your nightmare that scared you so bad?" He looked so relieved. A gentle smile was beaming with reflected sunlight.