2

PoV: 3rd Person

  Sonic reached for his handcuffs and the chief stopped him. The small officer was forced to stare into the eyes of the most wanted man in the city, and he couldn't arrest him.

"Scourge, it's nice to finally talk," the chief sat down in the empty room they were meeting in.

"You kept pestering me, I figured this would shut you up without killing you," Scourge spoke with disinterest.

"We want to make a deal with you, here at the office," the chief said.

"What kind of deal?" Scourge had his interest peaked now.

"We want you to stop public gang wars in the city," he said.

"What's in it for me?" Scourge glared.

"We'll drop your charges from the past year," the chief replied.

"Sir we c-"

"Quiet Rookie," the chief had Sonic back off.

"I guess that's okay, but all gang wars for a year of freedom? Kinda lame. A cigarette is more exciting than that," Scourge put out the cigarette he had been slowly smoking, "You know how many times you've given me this same deal?"

"Fine, make your demands," the chief had a notepad in his hand.

"Make it two years, and~ you know, I've been having a bit of trouble with the ladies lately. Being in danger of guns isn't exactly a turn-on for chicks. Ya think you can help me out with that?"

"You're asking me for love advice?" The chief was confused, but he knew Scourge was known for his unusual arrangements.

"No, I'm asking you to get me a wife," Scourge glanced at the hedgehog who was on high alert behind the chief, "Though I would prefer someone of the same species as myself, so long as they're... slender. I could care less."

"We can't force anyone to marry you," the chief tried his best to remain calm.

"Okay, either you get me a wife and three years crime-free, or your entire department becomes an enemy target. You have until tomorrow," Scourge stood and left.

"Sir we won't be able to find a woman who'll marry him by tomorrow," Sonic stated the major error in the deal. It was bound to fail.

"I know rookie. But I think we can use this to our advantage," the chief stood and took Sonic with him. They returned to the police department and the chief spent hours brainstorming.

---

"I've got it!" The chief burst out of his office, "Everyone gather round!"

  The other officers took a stand near the whiteboard where the chief began writing.

"Have you found someone willing to marry Scourge?" An officer asked.

"No, but we can have a fake wife given to him," the chief grinned, "It'll be an undercover mission. We'll use Scourge's preferences to blind him from the disguise. We know what he wants, a wife. He mentioned that she has to be slender and of the same species. Rookie!"

"Yes sir," Sonic peeked out of the crowd, being the shortest officer there.

"You're the only hedgehog in the department. You've got a fairly slender-looking figure with that uniform, you'll have to go undercover," the chief announced.

"I can't! I'm no wife, I'm not a woman! He'll notice that in seconds!" Sonic refused the case.

"It'll be a safe mission. You'll get close to him, and just before the wedding you arrest him and be removed from the engagement. You won't have to marry him or live with him for long. You have to do this, for the peace of our city."

"He can still tell I'm not a girl. He said he wants a wife, not a husband," Sonic was trained for undercover missions as most cops were, but his inexperience made him worried about whether he would be able to pull it off.

"We'll stick you in a dress with some makeup. The girls can help you look more feminine. This has to work, we're counting on you."

"We'll be behind you rookie," the other cops knew it was a risky mission. If Scourge didn't get his deal it meant the entire police department was dead.

"Okay... I'll do it..." Sonic gulped.

  As off tomorrow he would be Scourge's new wife.

~~~