23

PoV: Scourge

I couldn't leave Sonic alone anymore. I hadn't realized how loved he would become by everyone. If I wasn't guarding him constantly he'd be taken away.

"Boss, you said you wanted to talk to me?" I had called in my most trusted guard.

"I need you to hire guards, the best you can find and train. I don't care if they were in prison before. All I need is for someone to be able to guard him. It needs to be someone he trusts enough to be around him every second of every day. Do you understand me?" I looked over at Sonic, he was sound asleep after the party. He truly was amazing, he was able to capture the trust of everyone.

"...mm..." he rolled over and started purring, "... chillidogs..."

"Also, find out what a chili dog is," I had him leave afterward and laid down with Sonic.

I slowly pulled the dress off him and handed it to a maid so it could be properly cleaned. I changed him into one of my T-shirts so he could sleep comfortably. I rubbed his back as I was waiting to fall asleep beside him.

"I love you," I kissed his cheek and pulled him into my arms. His purring was so soothing. I've never wanted to stay still for so long before. I nuzzled him and he curled up, pressing his back against my chest, "Hey, you took over the whole bed."

I kissed his cheek again. He was so small yet he had managed to push me to the edge of the bed. I'll need a bigger blanket... ... ...

---

I woke up and Sonic wasn't in bed. I heard the sink running in the bathroom. I came in and found Sonic brushing his teeth.

"Good morning," I hugged him, I normally woke up before him so I'd hold him for a while before getting up.

"Mohnigh," he spoke so adorable with the toothbrush still in his mouth. He spit out the toothpaste and rinsed his mouth, "Are you feeling okay? You drank a lot."

"I'm alright, not even hungover," I answered, picking up my own toothbrush.

I glanced at his hand. He dried them off in a towel, just before he slid the ring back on. He had been wearing it every day since he had bought them. I brought his hand to my lips and kissed his ring.

"What?" He pulled his hand away, blushing in that cute way he does when he's embarrassed.

"It's been a month since our wedding day," I held his hand, "I want you to plan our honeymoon."

"Honeymoon!?" He flinched.

"Of course. Usually, it's right after the wedding, but you were right. We needed some time together first. Now I want you to pick the place we go to together first," I started brushing my teeth, "You can go to a travel agency if you want to. They'll have lots of brochures for you to look at. We can go anywhere in the world."

"Right..." Sonic left the bathroom.

By the time I finished up in the bathroom, he had already gotten dressed. He was always the cutest in his loungewear.

"Excuse me," a maid came in, "The deliveries have arrived for Sonic and yourself, Scourge."

"Deliveries?" I followed the maid with Sonic and we came down to the ballroom to find the girls from last night with Sonic had all returned. The center of the room had been filled with gifts, the couches had been set behind them.

"Surprise!" They immediately hugged Sonic and brought him over to the couch.

"Wait, what's going on?" Sonic was pulled down beside Rouge and Wave. Storm was nowhere in sight.